Friday, February 19, 2010

Going To N'awlins

Hi everyone and happy, happy Friday! Melissa McCarthy has her computer problem fixed and if you haven't yet seen her AMAZING squigglefly project this week, you need to run over there and take a look now! Click HERE to see!

Today's card was made for the Mothermark Tea Party challenge that takes place on Splitcoast Stampers. This week the party is taking place in New Orleans Mardi Gras style, and my contribution is King Cake.


(click to enlarge)

I used some Mardi Gras colors of green, gold, and purple. The image I used is The Party Thing that Rich Davis drew, but before I printed it I erased the wording.

The sketch is from Christmas and Birthday cards challenge this week, and since this is a birthday card it qualifies!

I colored the image with copic markers and used some gold ribbon. The words are from clearly Wordsworth. The gold around the image is cut from the top of a bakery box and matched the ribbon perfectly!

I wish you all a happy day and thanks for looking!

23 comments:

msfreida said...

Boy you had me going with that title! Oh do I love N'awlins :), and girl, you are going in style with this card! I LOVE Rich's image and you definitely turned her into a party girl! This looks so festive with the gold layer and ribbon! I LOVE THIS! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! ;)
Hugs~

LouAnne said...

Sweet! I love that you used re-cycled materials. I always save anything that I might use for a card dow the road.

Vicki said...

Holly such a happy card! Love the sparkle too and the colors are just right! I like that sketch...may just have to create a card with it! Have a great day Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

Shawna said...

Now that's a happy card!! Had me going there for a sec......thought YOU were going to N'awlins!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh is this super. looks like she'll definitely find that baby in that king cake - good luck you know!

Jeanette said...

She sure looks like she is having fun at the Mardi Gras. I like your ribbon treatment.

New Orleans is a beautiful place to visit but I can't imagine being there during the Mardi Gras crowds.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

This transplanted Cajun thinks your card rocks!!!

ALthough we are into the Lentin season now, the Saints win in the Superbowl kind of added to the Mardi Gras celebrations this year. I sure did miss the KING CAKE though. So just cut me off a slice of yours!!! :O)
Cute card. Made me feel right at home.

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a great and fun card ! I like the green backing and the touch of gold is perfect ! Smiles from Catherine

Emma said...

Fantastic card Holly...I love the image and gorgeous colours.
Hugs Emma x

bumblebee creations said...

love the colors Holly! Have fun at your class!

Maria Matter said...

too fun! love that gold ribbon!
Blessings, Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh what a fun birthday card Holly!! I love your coloring and your colors!! I love that green!
hugs,
Chris

treesawardincrafts said...

Wow what fun colour those are. It looks like my sofa in my hobby room.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What an adorable card Holly love the image you've used, thank you for joining in with the JCBC challenge this week, Linda x

Jane said...

This card makes me smile! Love it!!

Dawn B. said...

This is terrific.. I love the gold on your card..It really makes your image pop...Great birthday card Holly.. I LOVE Teapot Tuesday Challenges..

Paulette said...

So funny and happy card! I´d like it!

Heather said...

Super cute.. Love that glitter..

joanne said...

Holly - great card once again! Like the gold trim.
QUESTION: How did you adhere the gold trim (from the bakery box) being such a fine embellishment?

nessy said...

amazing ~ love the sparkle and fab birthday image!!
thanks for using the sketch on JCBC!
vanessa xx

Ninchen said...

great card!
thanks for joining us at JCBC!

xx janina

Georgia said...

This card is really cute! Love the color combo!! Thanks for playing at JCBC.

Simone P. said...

What a fun card, love the image!
Thanks for playing along with JCBC!