Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hey Gillfriend!

Hi everyone! I have some fun cards to share with you today. The first one uses a fun little freebie that Dawn Moore drew and offered on her blog Lost In Paper Scraps. I just thought the sad guy with the droopy face was funny - so I made a quick little card.


(click to enlarge)

It's colored with copic markers and the background is chalked. The words are computer generated.

My next card was a lot of fun to do. I used the fun What's Up Gillfriend image from Squigglefly to make a gel card!


(click to enlarge)

here's a close up of the fish


(click to enlarge)

The image comes with the sentiment. I colored it with copic markers and used a little stickles on her too. I actually put little dots of crystal effect on the bubbles before I decided it would be fun to do a gel card.

I embossed the frame with the bubbles embossing folder from Provo Craft, and used a bubble looking border punch on the top. Extra large eyelets are at the top too. I used some clear hair gel for the inside and made my bag with a seal a meal. If you don't have a seal a meal, you can use little zip lock bags, but you need to size your project around the size of your bag.

Now, how about a peek at one of the images that will be coming out on Saturday? This one is called Texting and the screen comes blank so you can fill in your own messages - how fun!


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and printed the message on my computer at the same time I printed the image. I think this would be a cute valentine with the message
W8TING 4 U, but I needed a thank you card so that's what I made!

I'll have another sneak peek for you tomorrow, as well as a video showing you a fun technique! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

msfreida said...

WOW, you've been one busy lady! :) These are FABULOUS! I just don't know how you come up with this stuff...what kind of cereal do you eat, and what kind of vitamins do you take??? Boy do I need to follow you around! :)
I love the card you made with Dawn's image...oh does this expression look familiar! That's a great sentiment too!
Now about this gel card...how in the world did you come up with such a novel idea? THIS IS AWESOME...especially for this image! I totally adore that precious fish and sentiment and your coloring ROCKS! You really have that bubble theme down pat! This is AMAZING!
How clever to come out with the cell phone image! This is SOOO FABULOUS! Gosh, you could use this for anything!!! I'll have to get my kids to make me a list of all their lingo! SOOO FUN! :)

Hugs~

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I hate texting, but this is a cute image, and boy, will it ever be used!

Shawna said...

Yo Holly ---- Love your gillfriend card, it is just too funny! And I love how you made it look like she was peeking out of an aquarium. Super cute!!!

Elaine A said...

Morning Holly -

Love all the cards - they are really cute and funny. My favorite is the "Gillfriend" card. Too cute and love all the detail you have on it.

Elaine Allen

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

boy-o-boy! you are definitely on a roll this week. what an absolutely awesome fish card! and you guy sentiment is hilarious! love the phone too. i am jealous!!! u are sooooo good! - only kidding.... i'm not jealous! well, just a little bit - lol

Kathy said...

Hey Holly,
I love all your cards and that guy is so fun...your shading is amazing too! Hugs,kathy

Maria Matter said...

what a great bunch of cards Holly!

love 'em all...that gel card is cool, never saw one like that before!
did you make a video for that one????

blessings, Maria

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! You have been busy my gosh ! Your three cards are great, love the first one, it's really fun ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Joan said...

You've been very busy! Fantastic cards. I haven't made a gel card in a long time - great job!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

You have been a busy bee, Holly. I love how you did the gel card, I haven't made one of those before..I'm going to have to try that! ....and to use hair gel?? What don't you think of???

The texting card is so cool for today's world...even though I have a block put on my phone for texting, my grandkids would LOVE this card...Thanks for sharing with us like you do, I know it takes time and you really treat us well :)

Patricia St Martin said...

What fun cards!!! really cute Holly. I have not done a gel card in a long time. love you fish she looks great with all that glitter.

Kristie said...

OMG that texting one is SOOOO me!!! I will have to get that LOL!!

The other cards are neat too :)

Heather said...

Wow your busy!! Love them all, but the guy one is my favorite..

Heather the MooseLover said...

Wonderful! I love how you did the fish water. I also love the Dawn Moore image (plus I love Dawn Moore's artwork!) That birthday card is perfect- expertly shaded and so simple and clean.

Jeanette said...

Holly, All of these are such fun cards. And, of course, your coloring is always beautifully done. The colors are so pretty. Yay, another chalk lover. Isn't it great for backgrounds?

Vicki said...

Holly these are all so cute too...that first one is really funny....love that sentiment...and how cute is the fish card? Really like the last one too especially since you can print your own message in there! You are definitely on a creative roll now kiddo!

HUGS!
Vicki

Debby said...

your cell phone looks better then mine. I really wanted to knock something out cause I am so far behind on everything right now. Love it! And the fish card! Wowza! what is a gel card exactly. And I love them big brads or eyelets or whatever they are. And that poor sad little man looks like someone sometimes. hm. Great card!

Chris (catt871) said...

All of these cards are AWESOME Holly!! I especially love the gel card! Gel cards were one of my first techniques I learned...loved them, need to make them again, thanks for the inspiration!!!!