Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm A Good Friend To Ewe

Hey everyone! What a fabulous snowfall we had yesterday! It was just so gorgeous and fun! It was heavy and wet; perfect for playing in. I made a few snow angels and three snow men!

Here is pretty snow clinging on pine branches


Here is Riley enjoying being in it


A snow angel - if you look closely you may see my halo! LOL!


and here's my cute snow couple



and here's my last and biggest snowman (with a little photo shop humor I asked Chesney to do for me)



I actually didn't do any card making yesterday! I guess it was a day for re-charging my creative battery because I had no desire to make anything. I went an looked at all the cards the Squigglefly Design Team did for their challenge and they are all so wonderful! The challenge is to create a shaped valentine using non-traditional colors.

I do have a card to show you though that I made last week for the Friday Sketchers sketch, and as I was looking at challenges yesterday I see it also fits Crafty Cardmakers challenge to use something digital!


(click to enlarge)

I used the funny Sweater Shedder image that Chesney Young drew. It's colored with copic markers and I tried to get a little creative with the chair, and of course the sentiment is computer generated. I can't help but chuckle that his sweater is magically dyed as he knits!

I hope you have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable..I love the title...Ya...You finally got your snow..The angel is perfect. I love the snowman sign..LOL...TFS

msfreida said...

Oh your "Holly & Brock" snowmen look so content, but your halo on the snow angel needs some bling, luv! We didn't get a single flake! Hard to believe that just 10 mi from here, they got 6"! Not fair...NOT FAIR AT ALL!!! :)

I LOVE your card, and those colors you used are FABULOUS together! That Chesney really can draw! LOVE what you did with the chair! Such an ADORABLE card! ;)

Stay warm!
Hugs~

msfreida said...

OPPPS...forgot to tell you how AWESOME the SF "Purrfect Valentine" looks on your blog! CLEVER! :)

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

You got your snow didn't you Holly :) It was beautiful and perfect for making snowmen! You should have used the photoshopped snowman for your card...it was great and oh so true!!

It looked like the sheep was knitting another shirt to give LOL..I guess that's what friends are for huh! Have a great Tuesday and try to stay warm!!!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! So happy to see someone enjoying all the snow...we've got plenty more if you want some of ours!! :) We are all snowed in today with kids and hubby at home..that's how much we've got!

Love that sign!! TEE!! ADORE your card, I was laughing out loud when I saw it!! Thanks for the smile this morning sweetie! HUGS

Shawna said...

Enough snow for snowmen! Yea for you!!! Ewe card is cute, too! Riley looks like she just may have enjoyed herself, too!

Elaine A said...

Finally a Snow Angel! And a really beauty she is. Glad you finally got the snow you wanted. I love those snowfolks too!

Elaine Allen

Niki said...

Love the knitting card, the sentiment is perfect!

Patricia St Martin said...

your card is so colorful. I'm going to spend the day doing some cards, Today is our day to get the snow. I live not to far from lake Michigan and weather man said we could end up with 16 inches when it is done and it is going to snow tell tomorrow. So I'm not going anywhere. Have a good day Holly!

Maria Matter said...

LOL, oh I love this card Holly! too funny! great patterned chair!!!

great snowy photos...bet Riley is having a ball! love your snow people and angel...umm, your 'halo' is a bit hard to see...but than that's true for quite a few of us! hehe
Glad you had a fun snow day Holly!
Blessings, Maria

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Oh I do love your card ! It's so sweet ! Thank you for sharing your photos. Your snowmen are so cute and Riley is the sweetest doggy ever ! Smiles from Catherine

Linda L said...

Wow what great snowmen. I just got do blowing snow. It took an hour but no snowmen. It is always too cold here for the snow to pack.
I love your card. Sentiment is wonderful.

Kim said...

Holly, Holly, Holly........you want snow????? Come up here for a visit! The week I was babysitting we got a foot of snow over night!!!!

On the other hand.....Love your card! LOL!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Looks like someone had fun in the snow!! Your card is too cute!! Love the springy colors, the gorgeous coloring, the image and sentiment. Too cute!
hugs,
Chris

Barb said...

I can't believe you have snow down there. I live in cenetral BC and it is a balmy 11C. and that is pretty nice. ( no snow.). I look forward to your cards each day. Love your cards and I have learned so much from your tutorials. Thanks again Holly

Vicki said...

Such a cute card Holly and I love all your pics! Riley looks like he enjoyed the snow ALMOST as much as you did! Cool snowmen! Lol...pun intended!

HUGS,
Vicki

Cheryl said...

This card made me laugh! Very cutel. This poor lil' sheep must be getting a chill.

Debby said...

Everything is magical in the digital & marker world. I think that's why there are so many crafters. You can do anything you want. LOL. This is great. And I'm so jealous of your snow. Not a drop this year for us and it's 64 out and dang it I want a snow day!

Phred said...

what a fun card. Just fab. Glad you joined us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lv Toria

Vixykins said...

HEhe fun image, not seen that before! Great card x

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x