Monday, February 8, 2010

Let's Pig Out

Hi everyone! Here it is Monday again. The weekends go by way too fast for me. this weekend I didn't do much in the way of crafting. I feel like my mojo has left me and I hope it comes back soon!

But guess what I woke up to find this morning - SNOW! It's just lovely and perfect for snow angel making! If it doesn't turn to rain and wash all away before it's daylight, that's what I'll be doing!

The card I have today is one I actually made a week or so ago. It was done for two challenges. One is Digital Tuesday challenge to make a funny guy card, and the other is Papercutz challenge which is to make a birthday for a man using some of the color pink. A pig is pink, right?


(click to enlarge)

This cute image called Birthday Pig is another one drawn by Rich Davis and is available at Squigglefly. I love the way the dog's eyebrows are done! LOL!

It's colored with copic markers and chalk, and the words are computer generated.
The inside of the card says "I thought your birthday was a good excuse to pig out"

Did you see that Squigglefly added some more images to their weekly release? They've got some cute little "stamps" for the back of your cards where you can sign your name. My favorite is this one.

Well, I hope this work day goes by as quickly as my weekend seemed to! If you happen to see my mojo floating around out there send it back home please! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

fab card - love the sentiment inside. And if that snow stays put, I hope you post some snow angel photos!!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Tracey said...

This is adorable Holly! xx

Dee said...

hello there, I came across your 'pop' up card by chance! wow!! what a 'good' chance too! I love yoyr blog & all the things you share. Thank you
From Dee. Birmingham. UK

msfreida said...

When I saw the weather forecast this morning, I thought of you immediately! :) Of course the snow stopped just north of us! Hope you enjoy that white stuff!

This card is PRECIOUS! That lil dog has so much expression! This is such a fun image and your sentiment goes right along with it! Ck out that balloon...too cute!

I love the new releases and I love the one you pointed out too! That one says it all! :)

Enjoy your day off and BTW...your mojo hasn't gone anywhere! :)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly! Yep, I am with you on the mojo! Hope you get to make your snow angel today! We are getting a storm again too...supposed to end up with 5-9 inches of snow by Wednesday morn...I dearly love snow...but now I am bout ready for spring!

HUGS,

Vicki

Kim said...

This is so cute Holly! Great man card!!!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i hear ya about the mojo. darn thing has a mind of its own - lol.

this is super, super cute.

hugs ♥

Shawna said...

Very cute Holly! And snow --- you got your snow!!! ENJOY! We want to see pictures of you and Riley having fun in it!!!!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Holly, this is just too funny!! Leave it to you for the fun sentiment!! :) Great image and coloring of course!! I can't believe you'd loose your mojo sweetie!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

love your card!Have fun in the snow Holly!

Pam in Ar. said...

Remember that Wendy's commercial?? (I think it was Wendy's) Where's the Beef......I thought, Where's the Cake!! LOL

This little Piggy went to the market, this little Piggy stayed home and THIS Little Piggy went outside to make snow angels...corny, I know, but you are getting your wish aren't you...Lots and LOTS of snow!!!!!!

Enjoy Holly :)Great card!

Maria Matter said...

this is fantastic Holly, what a perfect bday card, love your sentiment!!
Thanks for playing along with Digi Tuesday!!!
Blessings, Maria

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wonderful Card, Holly! ... and what a fun sentiment inside too! Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Holly I may have borrowed your mojo hehe Slowly getting back into my scrapping and with your inspiring cards helps heaps, thank you for the every morning blog post.
Enjoy your snow, here in sunny Queensland, Australia I don't have any snow at all.. So make an angel for me too hehe :) Regards
Linda

Rachel said...

This is such a fabulous card Holly!!! that little pig is just wayy too cute!!
hugs,
Rachel

Heather said...

Cute!! I love the dogs eyebrows too!!

Debby said...

This little piggie went to market. This little piggie went to a birthday party and said whee whee whee all the way home! Cute image and card.