Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Monkeying Around With A Love Bug

Hi everyone, and happy hump day! I have a cute little valentine to show you today. I was working a few cards yesterday, and wanted to make a couple more Valentines before the holiday gets away from me.


(click to enlarge)

I didn't want to push myself to make something because I'm still feeling my mojo isn't completely on board with me, so I went with a really simple layout. The image, Love Bug by Robin Willis is a perfect one to use when you are feeling a little lost on where to go with your card because it's got the image and the sentiment all wrapped up in one.

I colored with copic markers, and added a little spica to the hearts in the wings. The embossed hearts is from a Fiskars impression plate. This card also fits in with the Crafty Card Makers challenge to use something digital, and also the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge which is to make a valentine, and ironically it's a challenge set by Robin herself!

The next card is one I made for Our Creative Corner challenge, which is to make a valentine for a guy


(click to enlarge)

I used the darling Monkey Business image from Squigglefly and printed the sentiment out on my computer. It's colored with copic markers and the eges are chalked. Even though it has little scallops on the side, I still think it is suitable for a guy. This card also fits the Incy Wincy Challenge to use the colors red (or pink) and black.

So, how about that? I cranked out two cards even with my mojo taking a little break! It's not left me all together though, because I have a fun card I'm working on now that I hope to have finished in time to show you tomorrow. I hope you have a great Wednesday, and thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi there Holly. Your cards are just gorgeous. You really are good at making cards for the challenges. Keep up the good work.

Tracey said...

These are adorable Holly! I think your mojo is not lost afterall!! xx

msfreida said...

These are both ADORABLE, Holly! You'll never convince me your mojo isn't kicking! This lil "Love Bug" is the sweetest thing and the design of your card really brings it out! I LOVE the embossed hearts! The sentiment on your second card says it all! This is a PERFECT guy card! I LOVE the way you colored this lil guy...ohhh that shading! :) Pairing him with the brown definitely adds masculinity, so the scallops are a sure go! FABULOUS cards! I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Love your two cards ! The embossing on the first one is fab and the image on the second one is really fun ! Smiles from Catherine

Linda L said...

I sure wish my mojo worked that good when it was working. I love your cards and that monkey is too cute.
I got up at 4:45 an blew snow only to find out we have a two hour delay. Boy I could have used that sleep.Oh well I got some blogging in. Have a great day.

Pam in Ar. said...

The pink heart card is beautiful and I love the layers on the second card....my mojo has been gone for a loooooooooooooooooong time now....hope you feel like your's is back soon, I can't tell it's gone! Great job Holly :)

Shawna said...

Adorable card Holly! Love that embossing,

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

your mojo never leaves. it's your brain that leaves - sorry. i just couldn't resist. what? do ya think i want old timers by myself????? NOT!

these are both fabulous. the hearts are awesome and that monkey is just waiting to "monkey around".

fabulous!

Maria Matter said...

Great cards Holly!
love the pink girly girl card and the monkey boy-ly boy card!

pretty darn good for lacking your mojo!
blessings, Maria

Nikki said...

Love your little Cards they both make me smile :)

Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Heather the MooseLover said...

Holly- both are awesome! I can tell you had fun making them!

BlueRose said...

Cute cards I really love the monkey around one♥ going to have to check out some of those squigglefly stamps just cute. Luv's Kat

Tam said...

Hi Holly,

Absolutely gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Tami

Chris (catt871) said...

both cards are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! Even when your mojo is hiding, you are still AMAZING!!!!!! HUGS!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week!!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Both are very cute, but I really love your masculine valentine. Great sentiment and nicely made card. Great take on the masculine Valentine challenge. So happy you could join in the fun at Our Creative Corner this week!

Vicki said...

HOLLY! I wish my mojo would be that good when it isn't working! Holy moley both these cards are awesome...I especially love the monkey one! How cute is that! Hope you are doing ok and sending you big hugs!

Vicki

judie said...

wish my cards looked this good when my mojo was missing lol, they are both truely good cards, love the monkey, thanks for playing with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Cheryl said...

great card,thanks for joining us at incy this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

Debby said...

I know what you mean about that mojo thing. I'm kinda there right now. CAS is the best way to go. I agree. Now I need to follow that exact motto. Your cards are fantastic of course. You can do no wrong Mighty Clever Holly. MCH. That would be you (:

Heather "Hev" said...

This is gorgeous Holly :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Liz said...

Thanks for playing with us at Incy Wincy This week with this lovely project Beautiful Work

Liz x

Phred said...

Your card are just fab. The colours you have used really work well together. Glad you joined us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lv Toria