Monday, February 15, 2010

Sketch and Color Challenges

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I sure enjoyed my day yesterday. It rained and even snowed a bit so I spent a lot of time crafting and playing in challenges.

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog. Maria has an easy one - just make something that has an animal on it. Squigglefly has tons of cute animal images - and don't forget that there is a prize now every week! You can play along using any image, but to win a prize you must use a Squigglefly image.

So, I have two cards to share with you today! The first one is for the color challenge Stef issued on the Squigglefly group at Card Universe and the sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet. Stef's colors are red, green, and blue and there's still lots of time to play, so you should join in!


(click to enlarge)

I used one of the images from the set of four in the Spring Suite II set. It's colored with these copic markers and a red spica.



I also colored in the flowers and leaves on the designer paper so that it would go with my color scheme better. I like to customize paper like that! The sentiment is from Stampabilities, and I stamped it with versamark and embossed it in a white enamel.

I really liked this sketch, so I decided to do another one with the same image but change up the colors


(click to enlarge)

here are the colors used on this card




If you're lucky enough to be off for President's Day, then I hope you enjoy your day off! See you tomorrow, and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Rose Petal said...

These are gorgeous Holly. Great, pretty papers, lovely colours, beautiful images and the design is just perfect.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Linda L said...

These are beautiful cards! I love the colors on both.
Thanks for the video tip. I will give it a try after work.
Have a great week.

msfreida said...

Boy these are just the cards I needed to see this morning! :) They are FABULOUS and just scream "SPRING"! I see there's another image I must have! I LOVE how you customized the DP too...just that extra touch you always give! FABULOUS cards, Holly! :)

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Your cards are so pretty, it's spring again just by looking at them ! Love the colours, just fab ! Smiles from Catherine

Sandy said...

CARDS ARE BEAUTIFUL!! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT GREAT PAPER? lOOKS LIKE A GREAT ONE FOR MOST ANY KIND OF CARD?

Nora said...

I'm gonna call these your "Bill O'Reilly cards" because they're Bold n Fresh! *ROFL* I really like 'em, Holly - great job, GF!
♥hugs♥

treesawardincrafts said...

I agree with you there Holly, that is a great image, and so versatile too.

Jennifer Scull said...

Holly, what beautiful cards! and that is such a fun set! you have paired it with some neat, happy papers! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh yeah, i'm smiling! these are both fabulous! but then..... i knew they would be - lol!

hugs ♥

Steph said...

What pretty spring-like cards! Love the colours you've used x

Patricia St Martin said...

That card can be used in so many different colors.... I just love it. So spring.. Your coloring is really nice! Also the layout is great. just love it. tfs.

Biscuitlid said...

fab - loving the way you've coloured the paper to match - filing that idea!!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Joan said...

Awesome cards. Amazing how different colours can change the look of a card.

Michelle said...

Love both of them, It's amazing just how different they look in different colors.
I think the yellow one is my fave.
Hugs to you

Dawn B. said...

These are terrific Holly. I love the red spica pen. I think I ruined mine by coloring on top of Prismas...Grr.. Hope you enjoyed your day off...

Heather said...

Both are really cute!!

Tracey said...

These are both fabulous cards Holly! I love them! xx

Heather the MooseLover said...

Pretty cards- interesting how different they look just by changing the colors.

I really need to print that image- it looks great colored in on a finished card.

Kathy said...

Love them both Holly. I love how you colored them with two different color palettes and your shading is beautiful ! Glad you had a nice Valentines Day! HUgs,Kathy

Emma said...

Holly these are sooooo pretty...
Hugs Emma x

Jane said...

LOVE both cards....that tulip is so CUTE! Your colouring is awesome!