Thursday, February 25, 2010

sketch challenge

Hi everyone! Is this week going by slow for you? It sure seems to be dragging by for me. Maybe it's because I'm anxious for next weekend to get here so I can go to my copic certification class.

The card I have today was made for the sketch challenge on Splitcaost stampers last Wednesday.



(click to enlarge)


I used one of Eline Pelinkhoff's adorable babies, (this one is called Bouncing Bundle), and paired it up with Robin Willi's Bad To The Bone and Eat Sleep Rock images.

This would be a baby card you would give someone when they are keeping the sex of the baby a surprise. I used some designer papers that have boy words on one piece and girl words on the other, and then colored one of the little baby onesies in blue and one in pink.

Here's a look at the inside


(click to enlarge)

The little rattle and baby blocks are from a clearly Stampendous set I had and the verse is one I wrote and printed with my computer.

Thank you for all the well wishes you have sent my husband. He is feeling a little better, and tomorrow he goes in for some kind of test where he has to drink something and then they will do an MRI. At least he is eating now, so I feel like he's on the road to recovery. Whatever kind of stomach virus this is that's going around - it sure is a doozy! I know several people with the same thing and it hangs on forever!

I hope you are all staying well! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for coming by to see me!

16 comments:

msfreida said...

I'm so glad Brock is feeling better...just hate he's gonna have to drink that cocktail...mine was like cement! A margarita would have been so much easier to get down! Hope they can find him some answers soon.

Your card is SOOO ADORABLE! Love how you combined all the images to get a neutral theme...very clever for not knowing the sex! The background papers are perfect! LOVE how you completed the inside, too...precious sentiment! SWEET,SWEET,SWEET! :)

Hugs~

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I'm glad your husband is feeling better. Not a nice feeling when someone you love is under the weather.
I adore this card. It is sweet and fun and you have done a spectacular job designing and coloring it! Have a wonderful time at your Copics class.

Elaine Allen

P.S. If you want snow, I'll ship some to you - LOL! It's been snowing in my neck of the woods (I live in NY near the Catskill Mountains & West Point) since Tuesday. And this is wet, heavy snow. You could make lots of snow angels!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this card is absolutely AAAAA-dorable!

hugs & prayers to hubby

Shawna said...

Whoa, Holly, I sure hope your hubs gets better soon. Gosh, an MRI for a stomach flu-virus- thing. Yikes, girl.

Heather the MooseLover said...

I'm glad your husband is feeling a little better.

What a fabulous baby card! That baby is one of my fave SF images of all time and I love how you used it with the sketch. My cousin just had her 2nd daughter Tuesday morning. I need to make a card for Mackenzie Edith- isn't that an original name?

*Vicki* said...

Glad to hear hubby is doing a bit better...hope he gets a speedy recovery!

I ADORE this card sweetie!! The colors and the images are fabulous!! What a great layout too!! makes you want to say...AWWWW!! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Very adorable baby card. coloring is really nice.
So glad your hubby is feeling better. There is so much going around.
If I was you I sure could not wait for the week end to come. I've been waiting for one of those classes to come my way for a long time. Let me know how it goes. Christy has just taken the class.
I'm glad you entered your card for cards for men. Starting March 1 Stampimg Bouutique is sponsoring the challenge you can use any image and it is paper piercing. So if you would like to join us again.

Patricia St Martin said...

Oh and it is not due tell the March 14

treesawardincrafts said...

Brilliant card, just like you say for those who wish to keep it secret. I never bother with the inside of the card, but it is so nice to see you do. You have such great ideas, and by the way, thanks for what you said she does look like the queen now that you mention it, I may need to re-christen her.

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhh... so cute! lOve your card! I used Scrappers Floss then curled it around a small object. Hope your hubby gets better real soon!

Karen said...

Very cute card and I love how you finished it on the inside! My week has just zipped by.....so fast, that I think I need a nap! lol But, I can definitely understand you wanting time to hurry up to your Copic class..what fun! :>

Anonymous said...

Hope that you DH get better quickly. This card is so cute. I love the colors and how you put it together.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Oh boy oh boy (or girl, hehehe) How stinkin' cute it this. Those bad onsies are amazingly adorable. Great sketch!

Biscuitlid said...

aaah this is so sweet Holly, love the images and your sentiment is gorgeous
Hugs
Victoria
x

Maria Matter said...

Glad to hear hubby is doing better!

your card is adorable, Eline's babies are the cutest and pairing them with Robin's circles was a great idea!
blessings!

Rachel said...

OMGoodness how precious is this card!!! love those little shirts with the skull n crossbones. too cute!! Hope everything goes ok with your hubby!!
Big hugs to you,
Rachel