Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spring Thank You

Hi everyone! I hope the month of February has started off well for you all and that you are having a great week so far! After the bit of ice we had over the weekend, everything is melting and it's looking spring like again. The birds are loving the wet ground and you can hear them singing all day long.

I needed to make a thank you card for someone and I thought what better image to use than the new Spring Suite One that Rich Davis just released at Squigglefly.



(click to enlarge)

The set comes with three different images; two of them are borders. I chose the heart border and then printed the same border on the envelope so it would match!



(click to enlarge)

The image is colored with copic markers and the sky is chalked. I stamped my trusty little grass sprigs image over the ground. The words are computer generated and then I used an oval nestabilities die to cut it out and mounted it behind the image so it pops up over the top of the card a bit.

This fits the challenge they are having at Everybody's Art challenge blog to make a thank you card!

Tomorrow is card giveaway day on my blog, so be sure to come back for that! Thanks for looking and have a great day.

20 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Holly
All gorgeous card since my last visit. Love the pics of your dog, so cute!!
Hugs Emma x

msfreida said...

Aren't these images FABULOUS? SOOO versatile! I love how you used them here, especially on the envelope! SOOO CLEVER! BEAUTIFUL job! :)

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a sweet card and the matching envelope is such an elegant touch ! Smile from Catherine

Jennifer Scull said...

okay that seals it - your precious card has made me get off the fence and decide to put that stamp in my shopping cart! :) I love your card! so sweetie sweet sweet! whoever gets this is going to be thrilled to bits!

Heather said...

Awesome!! Love the cute border you did. Cool!!

Nora said...

What a sweet set....love what you did with it!
-hugs-

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh I love this Holly!! So soft and pretty and you always have the right touch!! :) I've SOOO MISSED YOU girl!! So glad to have my computer back!! HUGS

Rachel said...

This is such a sweet card Holly, i love that layout. beautiful!!!
hugs,
Rachel

Jeanette said...

Holly this is so cute. It makes me think Spring.

Joan said...

Beautiful card and matching envelope! I absolutely love your green grass!!!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love that border- it is so perfect with that watering can. I don't think I would have thought to put them together.

Pam in Ar. said...

Think Spring!! Love the way you match the envelope to the card :)

Kathy said...

Love your design Holly so unique and inspiring! Love the images and how you colored them as well. Hugs,Kathy

Maria Matter said...

awww, so pretty! I can almost hear the birdies singing!

Blessings, Maria

Jenny said...

Lovely card and matching envelope.
Thanks for joining EAC
Jenny

Jane said...

LOVE this card!

Leonie said...

Great card, love the matching envelope!
Thanks for playing along at EAC!

Leonie xx

Nixe07 said...

Gorgeous card. Love the fab colours.
Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful sweet card !!!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Debby said...

Very cute. I'm so far behind I feel tuuuuuuurible. I just love this. What a great card to receive.