Friday, February 12, 2010

Spring's On The Way With a Sneak Peek and a Lattice Tutorial

Good morning and happy Friday! I hope you are all as excited as I am about the images being released at Squigglefly tomorrow! If you've been to any of the design team blogs then you know that there are some wonderful ones coming! I have a couple of peeks at what's to come for you today, but first I wanted to tell you that due to a LOT of edits made to a post I did back in October, I thought it would be a good time to direct your attention to it again. Plus, some of you who are new to my blog might have missed it the first time - so just click HERE to see that please!

My first card uses some adorable images from a BRAND NEW artist to Squigglefly! Sue Farias has joined Squigglefly and she brings some pretty serious talent with her! Take a look at this


(click to enlarge)

Aren't these little dresses just the cutest? All three will be available Saturday as a set called Dress Pack. I colored the dresses with copic markers and added a little chalk to the edges of my squares. I added a little scalloped border and pierced holes in each scallop to give it a more girly feel. Then I found the cutest saying that went so well with the dresses. The saying goes so well with it in fact, that I convinced Ashley to make it a sentiment available at Squigglefly and she said she would!

Now if you're ready for spring to get here, then you will like the next card I have because it screams SPRING



(click to enlarge)

This image is one that Rich Davis drew called Whimsy Spring. The sentiment is from a clear stamp set by Stampendous. I colored the image with copic markers and some spica markers on the flowers and bee trail to add sparkle. The sky is chalked.

The lattice work at the top is a fun technique, and I wanted to share with you how to do it, so I made a video for you! I hope you enjoy it and that you give it a try yourself!





Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

27 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh that sentiment is perfect with those dresses. and i love both cards. you are the best in tuts too!

HUGS :)

Vicki said...

HOLLY!!!! Yes I am screaming! These cards are both so awesome!!! HOLY MOLEY! I absolutely love both of them and the sentiment on the dress card just pulled at my heartstrings! Love the way you tied your ribbon on the dress card too. And that lattice technique rocks! I am gonna have to try it...thanks for the video...and I do believe IF you truly did loose your mojo....girlfriend....you got it BACK!!!

HUGS!
Vicki

msfreida said...

First let me say how glad I am to see you mention your invention for all the new gals visiting your blog to see! I have used your FS sooo many times and we all are eager to find a way to save a few bucks! It just grabs me the wrong way when certain companies try to control a wide-open market! You go, GF! ;)

I am so excited to see what's in store for us tomorrow! From what I've already seen, I'm gonna NEED them ALL! :) This image of Sue's is SOOO ADORABLE and this quote could not be more perfect! Your coloring is stupendous and I love how you showcased the dresses! With the borders and embossing, this really makes these images pop!
SOOO PRECIOUS! :)
Your Spring card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! The lattice border REALLY sets the theme here for this FABULOUS image! This is breath-taking, Holly! What a FABULOUS job! :) And thank you sooo much for taking the time to make us the video...I can't wait to give this a try! What a BRILLIANT idea! Totally amazing!

TGIF! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs~

Kristie said...

Oh I love that girly one, perfect for my nieces!!

And the second one...ah, spring...when will it be here??? LOL!!

Catherine said...

Your two cards are adorable ! Love the little dresses, they are so so sweet ! Thanks for the tutorial, it's always great to learn a new technique ! Smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

Oh, that lattice work tutorial is awesome Holly! Can't wait to try this!!!!

CraftCrave said...

Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the Tutorials category today (look for timestamp: [12 Feb 01:00pm GMT]).

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful cards - the dresses remind my of Disney Princess outfits - just gorgeous. And a great tutorial too. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Cheryl said...

Wow - I love this lattice edge. I have book marked your site and will be back to review the Tutorial over the week end when I have time to craft.

I also love the top card. The dress images are so sweet.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holley your card is precious and your tutorial is AWESOME! I will have to give it a try. You make it look so simple!!!

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE this Holly. I have a card sitting on my desk using that lattice technique and I could just hug ya for giving me a visual.. When I use this I will point everyone in your direction.. You have the BEST tutorial...These new images are awesome.. I need to do a SF shopping spree..:)

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow Holly love the lattice edge. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the tutorial. You make it look so easy. I would've had to say the cuts out loud to myself as well. Gorgeous Cards!

MANDEE said...

I LOVE those dresses can't wait to get a free moment and play with them!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Your "Happy Spring" card is sooooo pretty!!!! Love the lattice at the top. What a fun and unique touch!!

luvglitztoo said...

Very Cute card and love the Lattice Edge. Your video makes it easy to follow. I think I'll try the lattice tonight. I have to make a Birthday card for tomorrow. Thanks for doing the hard part.

my5bratz said...

gorgeous cards, love the first one :)

Debby said...

You rebel you. Always getting in trouble. tsk tsk. (:

On another note, I love those little flowers and your card. Love love love love. And the lattice. It's beautiful. And more power to ya. I simply do not have the patience. Looks positively lovely.

Patricia St Martin said...

love both your cards Holly. Have done a lattice card in a long time. love the little dresses. People do noy understand how easy the lattice card is to make. It looks really hard but it is not. love both your cards.

Sherry said...

How pretty are those little dresses, they look so cute with the scallop border and embossed edge almost looks like flocking .. and I love the lattice at the top of your spring card, that is such a cool techinique! TFS the video with us!

Crafty Creations said...

Wow - great tutorial and terrific cards!
Maria

Becky said...

I love those dresses, reminds me of a time when little girls wore dresses. And some of mine liked like these. :) Great tutorial on the lattice

Maria Matter said...

oh Holly, what a gorgeous little girl card!!!

and your springtime card with lattice is amazing! I love your tuts!!! keep 'em coming!
blessings, Maria

Nora said...

Those are darling! I LOVE the first one - with 3 boys, I'm on "testosterone overload" most days! *LOL*
T4S
♥hugs♥

Emma said...

Adorable card, love them both and the lattice edge is amazing.
Hugs Emma x

treesawardincrafts said...

Heavens you are so good with doing the videos, I can understand it on the first showing and watch it on the second just for the hell of it.

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love those little dresses. You already know I like the video too ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!