Monday, February 22, 2010

The Sweet Life

Hi everyone! I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I did, but as always it was too short!

Before I get to today's post, I wanted to answer a question that Joanne asked about my Going To N'awlins card. Joanne said

Holly - great card once again! Like the gold trim.
QUESTION: How did you adhere the gold trim (from the bakery box) being such a fine embellishment?

Joanne, The whole box top was this gold coated cardboard. I just cut a square to mat my image on and used double stick tape to tape it to the card.

Yesterday I had fun playing along with the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers. The featured stamper has a lot of wonderful clean and simple designs in her gallery. After much browsing, I finally chose to case THIS CARD.

And here is my card



(click to enlarge)

I used Rich Davis's flower frame , but I erased the two flowers in the lower corner and filled in the dots before printing. The strawberries are from Eline Pelinkhoff.


Everything is colored with copic markers and I used Stampin Up's creamy caramel ink to sponge around the edges. Crystal effects was added to the strawberries for extra shine. The words were typed out on the computer at the same time I printed the image.

I hope you have a great Monday, and thanks for stopping by to see me today!

17 comments:

Jane said...

This card is yummy!!

dmgifts said...

wow i love this card. Question what are the strawberries on looks almost like a plate. So Cute. Diana

msfreida said...

Gosh, it was a short weekend...but a gorgeous one! Too bad this morning's rain is gonna bring those cool temps back!

Holly, this card is lovely! These images go so well together and those strawberries look good enough to eat! Love your shading too!

Hope you have a great week! I'm trying to recoup from a housefull of company, so hopefully I'll get some playtime later.

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Very pretty card Holly. I really like the flower frame!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is absolutely gorgeous! i just love this one. i love all the colors. it's just gorgeous!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Love this Holly! The berries look like they are sitting on a nice white plate and ready to eat!!!

*Vicki* said...

OOOH girl, those strawberries look so yummy!! :) Love your coloring and layout on this!! Hope you're doing well!! HUGS

joanne said...

Holly - thanks for being so prompt when answering my question about the gold bakery box. This tells all of us that you read your comments - LOL. So do I!
Your simple and clean card today (Life is Sweet) looks complicated. I like the way the stamped strawberries look like they are on a PLATE. You represent Squigglefly very WELL and provide us blog readers much inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Joan said...

Gorgeous.

Patricia St Martin said...

This stunning Holly. I love the bright colors. Your frame is beautiful and the glossy accents really bring out the strawberrys.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love this card. It is so delicate looking.

Elaine Allen

BlueRose said...

Oh boy I love strawberries and I love your card, your coloring is so perfect. Have a great week ♥Kat♥

Kathryn B said...

This is so cool looking! It actually looks good enough to eat!

Maria Matter said...

what a delightful card Holly! I love that frame, fab coloring!!!
Blessings, Maria

Michelle said...

I love these Strawberries, they look good enough to eat. The frame is cool too, it's funny how you miss images until you see someone else use and think... I have to have that. LOL.
YOU ENABLER YOU!!!
Sending you a {{{HUG}}} Holly

treesawardincrafts said...

This is great Holly. Isn't digi great? You can mask off part of the stamp that you don't want, so very easily and the bin doesn't get full up with paper.

You make me laugh 'till I nearly cried when you told me of my faux pas on my blog! Hahaha!

Kim said...

Beautiful Holly!