Friday, February 5, 2010

This Day's A Keeper & A Sneak Peek!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday to you all! I want to remind you all that today is the first of the projects Mel will have as Squigglefly's guest artist! I hope you will be sure to swing by her blog and take a look at what she's created!

My card today was a fun to one to color and make.


(click to enlarge)


I only wish that I had thought to print it twice so I could have popped the fish up. This is of course one of the shy bears from Squigglefly. This one is called appropriately Fishing Bear!

Everything is colored with copic markers except for the sky, and I chalked it. I added a few stickles to the water and the fish. My sentiment is a little corny, but it was all I could come up with at the moment. It's computer generated.

Tomorrow is another new release at Squigglefly, and I thought since I didn't post a card yesterday I'd do two today and make one of them a peek at one of the images that will be released tomorrow.


(click to enlarge)

This is called Pear and is drawn by Lynne Stansbery. This is just one of four by Lynne that are being released tomorrow. I colored it with colored pencils and blended them with odorless mineral spirits. Then I applied a crackle finish to the image. After it was dry, I rubbed some brown inks and a little bit of green pearl ex over it to bring out the cracks. If you click on the card to see it closer you will be able to see the crackle better.

There are a lot of challenges I want to participate in, but time has been in short supply for me this week. I hope to have lots of time over the weekend to play.

Have a fabulous Friday, and thanks as always for stopping by!

18 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi Holly. You have done two lovely cards. I love the colours and designs. Your colouring is just fantastic, just so amazing. Mine never looks like that.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both beautiful Holly. The shy bear is just too cute!! Love your coloring and the sparkle you added to it! The fruit is also amazingly beautiful with the coloring!! Gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly! Both your cards are awesome! I love the sparkle you gave the fish card and OMG the crackle finish you did on the other one is so awesome! Hmmmm...I would love to see a video of that technique! You rock!

HUGS!
Vicki

msfreida said...

HOLY COW...are these not FABULOUS? Is there anything Lynne can't draw??? These are AMAZING! I LOVE Shy Bear with his fish...such a GORGEOUS fish and you surely did your magic on them...and that water...AWESOME! This is such a FANTASTIC color combo too! I LOVE the look you gave the pears! They are such a versatile image and your coloring and crackling REALLY brings them out! AWESOME sketch too! GORGEOUS cards, Holly! :)

I can't wait to see what Mel has up her sleeve! Her creativity, like yours, is mind-blowing! :)

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! i just love how you colored that fish. it's gorgeous! and i love the pears! can't wait to see the new releases tomorrow!

hugs :)

Elaine A said...

Holly -

As usual, excellent work. I love the colors on the fish, so real, like a rainbow trout. And the pear, I collect pear stamps (don't know why, just do) and I love this. It came out so pretty. Have a wonderful weekend.

Elaine Allen

Rachel said...

Holly your fishing card is sooo adorable!!! i love those little bears. you did a beautiful coloring job on both your cards, fabulous!!! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Rachel :o)

Patricia St Martin said...

Wow Holly, love both of the cards. Great job with the coloring. Fish card is really cute and full of sparkles but you pear card is wonderful. The crackle finish turned perfect and it sure makes the pears look stunning.

Shawna said...

Corny is good! I am still chuckling. I love both these cards. Fishing bear is just too cute and I love the how you used the Stickles---just the right touch. I can't wait to see the new images. I love the crackle finish on this card. Could a tutorial using colored pencils, OMS, and crackle "stuff" be in our future? Hope your day is a keeper!!!!

Biscuitlid said...

oooh love the sparkly fish - well done you looks great
Hugs
Victoria
x

*Vicki* said...

Oh man!! I LOVE that shy bear!! That fish is colored SO AWESOME Holly!! The sparkle on it is perfect!! :) BOTH cards are just a work of beauty girl!! You amaze me with your coloring details!! So glad to visit you when you post!! :) So many images....so little time!! ACK!!

MANDEE said...

I LOVE THIS IMAGE HOLLY! U did a great job on it! Such inspiration!

Joan said...

Both of these are marveous Holly. I absolutely love that fish!!! Reminds me of the story - "The Fisherman and His Wife."

Kim said...

Holly thses are both beautiful!!! Love your coloring!! That bear can do anything!!!LOL!

Pam in Ar. said...

I KNEW I saw sparkles in the fish...when I clicked on it I thought it must have been the white gel pen you used....I love sparkles. This little Shy Bear is too cute :) the rich colors are beautiful on him/her? Great card :)

The pears reminded me of when we were in grammar school. Our last name was, Bartlett, and it was Christmas time so that meant gift exchange. My brother got this HUGE box and wrapped it up all nice and pretty. Inside he put a bunch of bananas. The kids were to pull numbers to see who got to choose a gift first. Well this girl pulled #1 and you guessed it, she chose this nicely wrapped box...the look on her face was priceless when she opened the box and pulled out this bunch of bananas with a card attached that said....What did you expect?? Bartlett Pears! BHAHAHAHAHHA when I saw your pears it reminded me of that Christmas so looooong ago :) Loved that card too!

Happy Friday Holly :)

Debby said...

Oh my goodness I love the scales on your fish. Too pretty! Your coloring is awesome. The pears look scrumptious! I love that the pears are the entire focus of the card. Very classy.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love that sparkly fish! Beautiful colouring and fabulous card! The pear is just gorgeous and your clean design shows it off beautifully!

Heather said...

Both beautiful. Love how you sparkled the fish!!