Sunday, February 14, 2010

Triple Play for Valentine's Day

Good morning and happy Valentine's Day to you! Sorry I didn't have a post for you yesterday. I just got kind of lazy and even though I had a card, I just didn't feel like blogging! I spent a pretty lazy day just doing this and that around the house.

Did you take a look at the new images Squigglefly released yesterday? I just love them all! I did make a card yesterday using the new Sour Puss image. Vicki's Saturday Spotlight challenge is to use some household item on your card, so I used some tissue paper for my background instead of designer paper, and also I used some newspaper to make a paper flower.


(click to enlarge)

I thought with the birdcage in the image that newspaper went well with it! LOL!
I colored with copic markers and chalk, and the sentiment is computer generated.

These next two cards are ones I made for the last two weeks for the Mothermark Tea Party challenge that takes place on Splitcoast Stampers every Tuesday. I just recently started trying to play in the tea party challenges and it is really a lot of fun.

You really need to know the tea party story for my cards to make sense, but I'm sharing them with you anyway. The first one uses High Steaks and Three Cat Pile up.


(click to enlarge)

My second card uses Big Mama



(click to enlarge)

Both cards have been colored with copic markers and the words are computer generated.

If you've been wondering what happened to Melissa's guest artist project on Friday, Melissa is having computer problems and will get her project posted as soon as she can. In the mean time, you can always check out her fabulous project from last week!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, and as always thanks for looking!

21 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Love your humor!!!!!

Hugs!!!

Jeanette said...

all of the cards are wonderful. But my fave is the one with 3 cat pile up. That is really cute.

Our snow is gone already. And that's OK with me. I'm not a snow lover like you are. Too many years of driving to work every morning is the stuff.

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Oh I do adore your cards ! My favorite is the first one ! And the sentiment is spot on ! Smiles from Catherine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all so beautiful and fun Holly!! You sure have been busy!! Love your take on the Sat. Spotlight. So creative to use tissue paper!! Great images and designs!
hugs,
Chris

Shawna said...

Good morning a Hapyy Valentine's Day! Yes, indeed, sometimes just hanging about the house is the only thing to do. Helps recharge our batteries, I think. Love all three cards ---- that tongue-in-cheek humor-- :-)!!!! I am off to check out the new releases. Have a great day!

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly and Happy Valentine's Day to you! I love your cards today and the sentiments just make them what they are! You are so good at creating sentiments to go with your images! Both the Tea Party ones are hilarious!

HUGS!
Vicki

Linda L said...

Fantastic cards Holly. I have been feeling pretty lazy too. You get a lot more done when you are lazy then I do. I only made two cards. I did clean my craft area and made a video of it but I can't get it on my post. Can you direct me where I can find out how to do that?
Happy Valentine's Day

Jane said...

ADORABLE cards! I scrolled down and just loved seeing all the cards I missed! Love your snowmen and especially the sign not to eat the yellow snow!! ;)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are all super. i love the balloon one with the cats falling and i just love the saying on the last one. you are too funny!

a very happy valentine's day to u!

Becky said...

What adorable cards..Love the first one This is to hilarious.

Joan said...

I love your newspaper flower - great idea for the challenge....just as long as the paper hasn't been in the cage yet. LOL

Patricia St Martin said...

what fun cards Holly. Good idea with the news paper flowers for the bird cage card. I love you saying for the cat one. Wonderful coloring. Nice job in putting the two images together. love your cards as always.

Maria Matter said...

you always make me giggle! Fabulous cards Holly!

and thanks so much for playing along at Saturday Spotlight!
Blessings, maria

Nora said...

That 3rd one had me laughing my head off! Loved 'em all. Saw on a challenge blog (can't remember which one, tho) that YOU WON! Congrats!

Kristie said...

Fun cards, Holly! I think the first one is my favorite :)

Dawn B. said...

These are terrific.. I love that you are playing in MM teapot challenges..That group is the best..Thanks also for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week..

Emma said...

All gorgeous cards Holly...love the new images and your sentiments are fantastic as always.
Hugs Emma x

msfreida said...

These are ALL too cute! The "Sour Puss" one would be perfect around my house! Batman is forever trying to reach up to get one of the birds that visit us everyday! He's such a sour puss! Using the tissue paper and newspaper was a very clever idea! LOVE that flower! :) I LOVE the design of the second one...great how you combined the images and stamped the trees! And the sentiment on "Big Mama's" is priceless! FABULOUS sketch too! You have been one busy lady! :)

Hugs~

treesawardincrafts said...

I just love that kitty with attitude, I'm sure I have it, I must dig it out again. The kitty in the cages just makes me break out in a smile, that card would cheer anyone up for any occasion.

Erin... said...

All of these are just adorable! That kitty is just so funny! Love the idea of newspaper flowers, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!

Heather said...

Wow your on a roll. These are all great!!