Friday, February 26, 2010

Tweet Birdday

Happy Friday everyone! Before I get to my card today, I want to direct you to Melissa McCarthy's blog to see her final project as guest designer for Squigglefly. I can't thank Mel enough for working her creative magic with Squigglefly's digis. She really does create magic with her art. Thank you Mel!!

Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

I used one of the images from the Bird Watching set that Jane Beljo drew. I colored it with copic markers and chalked the sky and used some of the fun grass from Meyer Imports. It's cut out with a square nestabilities die and then matted with the scalloped square.

The designer paper is from Stampin Up as is the sentiment stamped at the bottom. The designer paper and a layer of white card stock is punched with the EK Success border punch. This image (well, really all of the images in this set) would be really nice for thank you cards too. New images at Squigglefly tomorrow!

Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

fab card Holly, love the cheerful colours
Hugs
Victoria
x

Tracey said...

What an adorable card HollY! Love it! xx

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is SO adorable! Love the sweet bird houses image and your bright beautiful colouring. (You are such an angel. Working with you has been sheer delight. Thanks for being so ultra understanding about my nutso schedule too!)

msfreida said...

You are so right about having Mel as GD this month! She has a special gift that just blows me away! This has truly been an inspirational month! :) Thanks Mel!

Holly, today's card is so bright and cheery with the image you chose and the colors. Oh your coloring never ceases to amaze me! I can't imagine it being any different after you take the class...maybe just a new, cool technique! You already show perfection at its best! ;) I love this card's design...especially the scallops on the DP and having the sentiment mimic the motion of the scallops! Too cool! :)

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! It's sure to be another busy one for me! UGHHH! Working on the SR projects, parties, and trips are about to get the best of me! Gosh, all we did back in my day was GRADUATE! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i am ready to put up my bird house & feeder in my yard. too bad the ground is still frozen!

super, super card! love your colors!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

so cute and very colorful. love it!

Patricia St Martin said...

Nice and Colorful card. How hubby is feeling much better. Have a great week end at the copics class.

bumblebee creations said...

lovely card holly! love how you put the white background piece behind the blue!

treesawardincrafts said...

Smashing card. I love the primary colours you have used. I hope you have a great week-end at the copic event, and I can't wait to see your new found skills in action over the coming weeks.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! This is just incredible!! I love your coloring girl..you know that!! I think it's just the image and the feel of Spring to it!! so eye-catching!! :) Hope your weekend is awesome!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

fabulous card Holly, love the bold colors and the fun grass!!!


poor little birdies are hunkered down in their nest today, trying not to blow away!

Blessings, Maria

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

so adorable...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the polka dots with the nice Spring looking bird houses..the colors are very bold looking. Think Spring!!

Rachel said...

This is adorable Holly!! love your coloring. beautiful job.
hugs,
Rachel

Debby said...

I adore these little houses and this card is the cutest!