Friday, March 26, 2010

A Bushel Of Thanks

Happy Friday everyone! You may have noticed that I didn't post a new post yesterday. I've decided that it would be better for me to post every other day instead of every day. There are so many blogs out there that I want to visit and comment on, and posting my own blog on top of making cards, working, and playing with Riley (yes, she has to have her time!) doesn't allow me much time to visit and comment like I'd like to. I'm also hoping that this helps a lot of you out as well because I know you've got as many blogs to visit as I do! This doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be seeing fewer cards from me, because some days I'll post more than one!

Today I have a couple of the new Inside Outs to show you! I am loving these Inside Outs and can't wait for them to be released tomorrow! Remember, there's still time to win your free Inside Out - just run to the Squigglefly blog and read how!

The first one is called Bushel Of Thanks



(click to enlarge)

I colored it with these Copic markers



It was fun coloring and shading the apples! Here's the inside


(click to enlarge)

and again, I went ahead and decorated the envelope too! That's always fun to do to kick things up a notch.



Now my second card is one you might only send to someone who can take a little bit of ribbing about getting older. Here's the front


(click to enlarge)
and here's the inside


(click to enlarge)

Don't you love it? I mean, how can you not laugh at that? I colored it with Copic markers and all it took was a little bit of designer paper and a ribbon to finish it off!

Stef has issued her new color challenge on the card universe and she's picked some pretty colors; orange, pink, and turquoise! It would be great if you'd give it a whirl!

Well, I hope you enjoy your Friday and that you love tomorrow's release at Squigglefly as much as I think you will! Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Catherine said...

hi Holly ! I adore your two cards, they are absolutely great ! I love the colours of the first one - I adore images of apples, maybe it's because I can't eat them !!! - and the second one really made me laugh : just fab ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Holly, your cards are great.... I'm totally laughing over the inside out one. Too fun!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

your apples look good enough to eat! beautiful coloring job. and do you know how many times i get that question????? it used to kill me when i was younger (i lost all my teeth before age 30). my response used to be....

no... they're my sisters. i borrowed her teeth, she borrowed my boobs!

sheesh! the nerve of some people - lol.

but i laughed out loud at your card. brought back the memories!

hugs :)

Becky said...

hahaha!! Love them both, the second one is hilarious and the first one fabulous, love how you colored this and did the envelope.

msfreida said...

TIME...such a rare commodity these days! I've never understood how you do all that you do, and work outside the home to boot! I'm glad you're taking the time to enjoy all the things that makes you happy! :)

These cards are FABULOUS! Aren't the Inside Outs fun? I can't wait until tomorrow! What an awesome job you did with the apples! LOVE that envie! And that second card...OMGoodness...I'm still laughing! You know what a hog I am about fonts...well these used in both of these ROCK! SOOO AWESOME!

Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

yes I really enjoy these in and out cards. Can't wait tell the new release comes out. Your coloring is wonderful. How true that is with trying to go to everyone blog, I can't make it everyday. It seem I'm on the the computor almost all day and I want to get other things done also. So I have not been posting as much.

*Vicki* said...

Happy Friday Holly!! :) WOW!! I just LOVE that bushel of apples!! We go every Fall to an orchid and love our trip. I adore that second card too!! TEEHEE!! Too cute!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

Love love love em! Can't wait til tomorrow!

Joan said...

Love both of these!!!!!

Laurie said...

Your coloring is awesome! Very cute cards! TFS!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

cute, cute, cute!

Hey since you are now my "go 2" girl as far as Copics are concerned. Can you tell me what the diff. is between Ciao and the regular Copics? I don't have Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Those apples look good enough to eat. Very authenic. And, I love the second card. . . too funny.
Luvglitztoo

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Two fantastic cards, the apples look amazing and love the sentiment on your second card.
Hugs Emma x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

LOL!! I LOVE this!! what a great idea! yes! this has always been a problem for me too. Finding the right "inside" sentiment. I forgot to say in my last comment too...congratulations on being published!! woo-hoo!! you GO girl!!

Heather said...

These are both tooo cute!! Love those inside-out images..

Kim said...

This is so cute and funny! Love all the Easter cards you made too!

Maria Matter said...

Holly, these are wonderful!
gorgeous coloring on your apples, wow they really do look good enough to eat!
LOVE the funny card...too perfect!
great job on both!!!
blessings, Maria

Heather the MooseLover said...

I like both cards. Great coloring on both.

I just love that bushel of thanks card. I struggled with the bushel of thanks set until I realized that I needed to scale back the inside parts to be much, much smaller.

Kudos to you for re-prioritizing and scaling back on your blog postings. I've come to that my revelation for my own blog. When we moved I decided to make some changes and one of them was to spend more quality time with my family. As a result sometimes I don't get to post when I like but I think my family is benefiting.

Debby said...

Your bushel set is perfect. a few of those would make a great gift. Love the envelope. And your busty gal is a hoot. Love it!