Monday, March 22, 2010

Busy Monday

Hi everyone! What a lot of things are going on right now! First off, I have the winner of the "Name The Bunny Contest". So many cute names were sent in, and I'm sure Crissy had the hardest time choosing - but the new name for the bunny is
RUPERT!
and was suggested by

Catherine Breakwell! Congratulations Catherine! I'll get your prize package mailed to you soon!

We also had a challenge going on at Digi Day and there are three winners there! The challenge was to complete a card on the inside as well as the outside, and there were some wonderful cards submitted! I will be announcing the winners of the digi day challenge on the card universe group a little later today.



The challenge that's going on at the Squigglefly Blog today is to use buttons as an embellishment on your card, and the card I have today does just that! It's also a sneak peek at the one of the new Inside Outs being released on March 27th!



(click to enlarge)

Both the sentiment and the image come in this Inside Out package as well as another sentiment and image for completing the inside of your card. I'll show you the inside in a second, first let me tell you about the front.

I colored it with these Copic Markers



The sky was chalked. I used a little yellow ribbon to wrap around the card and then threaded the ends through a white button and a little yellow duck button. Here's the inside


(click to enlarge)

Isn't the little poem sweet? The blocks were colored with these markers




I even went a little further and used the baby blocks element in the set to print on the envelope so the whole thing matches! I sponged around the edges of the envelope with some pale yellow ink.


(click to enlarge)

I really love the whole card being complete with the inside outs. No having to scramble through stamps to find the right sentiment, and no trying to come up with a good font if you're printing your own out! It's all just there for you easy peasy! Be sure to look for other samples from the design team using the new Inside Outs!

You can win a free Inside Outs package just by posting something made with a Squigglefly image on your blog! Go check out the details on how to win HERE!

I hope you all enjoy your Monday, and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

How awesome Holly! I can't wait for the inside outs!!!I never can think of a saying for the inside-so these will be perfect for me!

msfreida said...

RUPERT...ahhh a perfect choice! Fits him so well! ;)

Holly, your card is adorable! Such a precious image and your coloring ROCKS! LOVE how you chalked the sky! The inside couldn't be more perfect! I am SOOO lovin' these Inside Outs! And check out that envie...WOW...you always think of everything! :)

Well, Mother Nature is on my list! I really don't like all these tricks she's playing on us! First sleet, then snow...and on the 1st day of Spring mind you! Ughhh

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH Holly ! Can't believe I won ! I am DELIGHTED ! Thank you to Crissy too... and to Rupert !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Kathy said...

Wow Holly this is super fantastic!!!! Love your coloring and fantastic debut! HUgs,kathy

Becky said...

Holly this love this!! Love the glasses on this guy, and the inside is so cute.

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

As always, an adorable card!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

soooo cute! you went above and beyond on this one.

*Vicki* said...

Oh now that is just precious Holly!! I love it and that sentiment is just perfect!! :) I just love that name Rupert!! TEE!! HUGS

Joan said...

What a sweet card! I love that little ducky on the button!!!!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

This is a fantastic baby card. I love the c lean and simple style AND how you used the "Inside-Out."

Love the name Rupert too ;)

Patricia St Martin said...

Another beautiful card. Love your colors, stunning baby card your ducky on the button and the way you did the inside is really nice. TFS

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful card! and Rupert is a lovely name for that cute bunny! congrats to the winner! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely darling! love that little chick on the button!

Margie said...

Wow. the Inside Outs are wonderful!! It makes it easy to create coordinating cards and envelopes! Thanks for the inspiration, Holly!

Margie said...

Wow. the Inside Outs are wonderful!! It makes it easy to create coordinating cards and envelopes! Thanks for the inspiration, Holly!

Maria Matter said...

this one makes me smile! love that little rubber ducky!
blessings, Maria

Lisa Summerhays said...

Adorable card Holly! Love that image!

Debby said...

Aw! This is beyond adorable!