Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Support

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going great so far! We had a good day Sunday. I got a lot of little things accomplished around the house, got all of my Easter cards ready to be mailed off, and gave Riley a good bath! Then we took her out to the park where she splashed in water trying to catch minnows and frogs and un-did all of the grooming I had done earlier! It was fun to watch her play and have a good time though. I really savored the slight coolness in the air because I know that warmer weather is coming soon and being outdoors won't be as pleasant!

I have a fun Easter card today that is one of the new Inside Outs from Squigglefly. This one is called What I Like About Easter.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this cute bunny with Copic markers and sponged some pink and yellow inks around the edges. I used a Nestabilies die to create the ornate frame around him. The sentiment has also got some of the pink and yellow inks sponged all over. I think the sponging of two inks like that looks like the color on dyed Easter eggs.
so, do you want to know what the Easter Bunny likes about Easter? Well, here's the inside



(click to enlarge)

LOL! Isn't that cute? The inside picture is also colored with Copic markers. the sky is chalked and I added some grass sprigs to the ground with my grass stamp from Art Impressions. Cute card, don't ya think?

Since I've gone to posting every other day instead of every day, I've been showing you two cards. Tomorrow would normally be my card give away day, so this next card will be the card that is being given away. If you'd like to have a chance to win it and a matching envelope, just leave a comment on this post and I'll have random.org pick a winner on Thursday.

This card also uses one of the new Inside Outs. This one is called Thanks For All The Support.


(click to enlarge)

I paper pieced the bra and colored the straps with Copic markers. The sentiment was punched with an oval punch and then sponged. I then punched a border for the side of the card and sponged it too. Here's the inside



(click to enlarge)

I didn't really do anything to the inside other than print the sentiment, but the font is so pretty it can stand on it's own! Anyway, I'll make an envelope to go with this card and just leave a comment if you'd like a chance to have it.

The new Squigglefly challenge went up yesterday, and Maria has challenged everyone to use flower embellishments on their cards. That is one I am sure I can do! I hope that you will join in the fun too. If you play along and use a Squigglefly image, you can win a prize!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Holly these are terrific.. I love the inside of the first one.. Made me LOL.. sounds like my son. The second one is really neat.. I love the paper you used.. That font is amazing. Does it come with the image? Great job.. Would love to win.:)

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Oh your cards are great ! The last one really made me laugh ! Love the paper piecing and the lovely border ! Smiles from Catherine

Yvonne said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for the chance to win it :)

msfreida said...

Oh Holly, I love both of these! These "Inside Outs" are the greatest things since sliced bread! Your sponging and coloring really makes the bunny image pop...oh I love that nestie too! :) And that sentiment...TOO CUTE! :) Look at that bra! I love pretty underwear, and this one definitely fits the bill! And ohhh, check out that font! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Someone's gonna be a lucky winner for sure! :)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Love your cards Holly. As always, your coloring is fabulous. I love the inside sentiment for the Easter sentiment. Too funny! And the bra card is something else!!! Have a great day.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh that bunny is just too cute and he looks like he's enjoying the company of those chicks too!

i love the bra! that paper is absolutely fabulous!

Patricia St Martin said...

your first card is so cute, love the chicks with the bunny. Love the nestabilities as the back layer I have that one would of never thought to use it for that, good idea. Now your second card is cute! cute! love the bra!!!! the paper piecing is very nice and I love the lace edge is perfect.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly I love them both! The chick is precious and the bra one is so cool!

Becky said...

These are great, I just love the bunny and chicks :) :)

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love your cards, they are just so cute and adorable! You've done such a wonderful job creating them.
I laughed when I read how Riley undid all the grooming you gave her! It has been raining heavy here for about 2 days now and my back is a sea of mud. Each time my boys go out in the back it means dragging out the hose because they just love to get messy. So several times a day they have to be cleaned and dried off and then a quick brush. And they are big dogs!

Elaine Allen

specialcraftmom4 said...

LOVE these cute cards! Great job with your coloring too (:

Vicki said...

Holly both your cards are darling...I really like the Easter card inside too...how cute is that? Your coloring is superb as always hon. And that second card is awesome too...I agree with you...that font stands on its own! Could you tell me what font that is? It is gorgeous...I would love to have it! Have a great day Holly, and thanks so much for your prayers...it is nice to know that you are with me!

HUGS!
Vicki

weatkins said...

I thought that bra was going to turn out to be a bunny with some kind of plaid sunglasses on! The straps look like bunny ears!

Jane said...

LOVE them both!!! Put a BIG smile on my face!!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. I especially like the chalked sky on the first one!

Debby said...

Wow that frame is awesome. Love this inside out, too cute. Love the patterned bra too. Who the heck wants boring ole beige.