Saturday, March 13, 2010

Eggstra Fun!

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday! Don't forget to set your clocks an hour ahead tonight.

I don't have any plans this weekend other than cleaning up around the house some, and grocery shopping for the week - so I should be able to spend a little time in my stamp room making some cards. I have a card for you today that uses an image that Robin Willis drew called Eggstra Tweet. I colored this before I left for Memphis last week and just got around to making it into a card last night, so even though it's colored with copics, I didn't use some of the things I learned in my choosing colors and I didn't write down the colors.



(click to enlarge)

It was sure a fun image to color though! Like decorating Easter eggs only less messy! The sentiment is printed out on my computer in the CK Becky font. The border is punched with the Scallop border from EK Success.

Today is a whole new release at Squigglefly, so if you haven't already been there to see what's new go take a look now! There are some awesome ones this week! Enjoy your Saturday, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Holly, I always enjoy looking at your blog and your cards. This is so sweet and colorful.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Very cute Holly. I love the glitz on the egg and the scallops- the image really pops.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is really pretty. i love pastels. hubby says it means i'm a cold person. hasn't he figured it out yet after 17 yrs???? lol.

hope you weren't affected by that tornado!

have a fabulous weekend.

Pam in Ar. said...

Easter will be here before we know it! Love the sparkles :)

How's your hubby feeling these days Holly?? Have a great weekend!

Shawna said...

Your card truly is eggstra special! Love, love, love your spring colors and the glittery details add just the right touch. Off to check out the new releases!

Joan said...

Very cute card Holly! I love the added glitter.

Linda L said...

This is so cute. I just went to Squigglefly and bought it. I can't wait to try it. I think I might have my students color it for the cards for the soldiers. It will take me an hour to sharpen all those little colored pencils. Oh well they will love it.

Jane said...

Good morning Holly. Your color combinations are always so great. I can't wait to see your creations now that your back from your certification. Have a great weekend!

treesawardincrafts said...

So many images to choose from this time round. I love them. Isn't interesting how an image can look completely different when there is a bit of colour in it. I like that image much better now I have seen you use it.

Jane said...

This is soooo ADORABLE!!! LOVE it!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

oh toe tweet! love it!

Vicki said...

Very festive Holly, love the pastel colors and your coloring on your image is awesome! Love the bling...take care.

HUGS,
Vicki

Debby said...

How cute. Love the scallop border in the center of the card. Why didn't I think of that. This has that clean look and i love it.