Friday, March 12, 2010

Little Nibbles - BIG Carrot!

Good morning and TGIF! I have an Easter card to share with you today. I used one of the images that Squigglefly will be releasing tomorrow. This one is drawn by Chesney Young and is called Nibbles With Carrot - and it's a pretty big carrot that little Nibbles has found!









(click to enlarge)

I used colored pencils to color this little guy. I know, you'd think after just taking the Copic class I'd at least have a card using Copics to show you, but I'm taking a little time to let the lessons I learned soak in. I'll have a Copic colored card for you soon. Anyway, I blended the colored pencils with odorless mineral spirits and then I chalked a little blue in the sky behind him. I added some crystal effects to his eyes. The sentiment is from a Clearly Stampendous set.

I used a blossoms Nestablities die to cut the image and the layer behind it out. I wanted to add some ribbon but couldn't find a place to do it that looked right, so I ended up just leaving it alone. Sometimes simple is best, but doesn't it need something else; a flower maybe?

There are some more wonderful images being released along with Nibbles at Squigglefly tomorrow. You may have seen some of them through sneak peeks from the design team. There are a lot of wonderful ones for Easter and spring in general.

I can't believe that it's already time to change our clocks back! I hate changing the clocks in the spring - it takes me forever to adjust and as you already know getting extra hours of sunshine isn't my cup of tea! I know most of you are ready for it though, so I guess I can be happy for you - LOL!

Wishing you a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Tracey said...

How adorable Holly! Love your card! xx

Dawn B. said...

This is soooo sweet. I LOVE this image.. It is perfect for the Easter and spring season.. I am not ready to change the clocks either.. What that means for me is that I will be out in the driveway practicing even later for baseball with my son.. Hehe.. Now I use darkness as my excuse. I do love these longer days though..
Have a great weekend..

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is just darling and i really like that you don't stick with copics. i stick with copics and know nothing else. it's always fun here.

what? don't like long days & sunshine???? then don't turn your clock back. hmmmmm. i KNOW it wouldn't do anything but make you late for work. lol

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a sweet sweet card ! I love the soft colours and that little bunny with his big eyes is so cute ! Smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

What a sweet card! This bunny is adorable and I love your coloring! Your layers are FABULOUS with the blue...love the DPs too! SOOO precious, Holly! :)

Hugs

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I adore this card! Those beautiful eyes, what a sweetheart! You have definitely brought him to life.

Elaine Allen

*Vicki* said...

AWW!!! Look at this poor shy/sad bunny!! I want to give him a hug!!! This is precious Holly!! :)

Shawna said...

Such a cute card! That little wabbit is adorable. I don't think it needs a thing, perfect as is!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love all the softness of your card. Even with your color pencils you do great work, it is nice to change around once and awhile. I do that also. On Helen new blog for fun next week I'm going to try and do a tutorial on sponging. That will be on Wednesday.

Pinkllilac said...

Wow Holly what a beautiful image, it's so darn cute, love it and your colouring is beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Becky said...

I love this image!! This is adorable.

Vicki said...

Holly such a cute little guy! And you are right...that is one big big carrot! Like how you accented his eyes with crystal effects and love all the soft colors. I like how you change your coloring medium...and I really should do that too cause I had invested in a few sets of Prisma pencils prior to getting copics and now that is all I use! Hope you have a wonderful day and I agree with the TGIF!!!!

HUGS,
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

oh-so-sweet!

I can't believe it's clock turning time either, I was still waiting for one more great big snow storm! lol

Heather the MooseLover said...

Fabulous coloring. I love the soft look and the gentle scallops with the DP.

I hate clock changing day too.

treesawardincrafts said...

Those eyes got me as soon as I saw that image. It is brilliant!

Debby said...

I felt a little overwhelmed after my copics class and avoided them like the plague for a bit after. Then I didn't practice now I'm back to just coloring. that won't be you though. Your coloring was fantastic before you took the class. cute card too!