Thursday, March 11, 2010

Making A Scene In This Wonderful World With a Quilt

Good morning everyone! I actually have a card for you today! It felt so good to get back in my craft room and make a card.



(click to enlarge)

This card was made for several challenges. The first one is the Squigglefly challenge to make a scene. I used the birds from Nina Brackett's SEW CUTE set and one of the flowers from her BUTTON FLOWERS set to create this spring scene.

The birds and the leaves on the tree branch and flower are all paper pieced. This is because Mothermark's Teaparty challenge this week is to create something that's quilted or paper pieced.

I chalked the sky and used my trusty little grass stamp from Art Impressions on the ground. I used a bright orange button tied off with some yellow embroidery floss to finish off the flower's center. The scalloped border on the side is punched with an EK Success punch, and then I used a piercing tool to create the little circular holes in each scallop. This qualifies it for the Digital Tuesday challenge to do some piercing on your card.

The little scene also happened to fit in perfectly for the challenge at 365 cards to create a card inspired by the song What A Wonderful World.

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic day, and thanks so much for stopping by!

21 comments:

Becky said...

What a cute card. Love this scene.

msfreida said...

WOW...you knocked these challenges out! What a FABULOUS card to get that Springy feeling! :) Fantastic job on the paper piecing, and the piercing looks AWESOME too! LOVE the color combo and here's another border punch I "need"! SOOO ADORABLE!

Hugs~

Jeanette said...

Holly this is adorable. Love the button.

Vicki said...

Cute Holly! Wonderful paper piecing job!I have never really done paper piecing....like how you did your punched border on the edge of your card too! Pretty. Hope your day is good as well!

HUGS,
Vicki

*Vicki* said...

Oh Holly!! I adore this!! So bright and cheery!! I love the images too!! The buttons are fabulous!! :) TFS! HUGS

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the song, What A Wonderful World, I have it in my car, my house and my ipod :)

The coloring is super, as usual :) I missed seeing your cards while you were gone.

Hope you didn't have storm damage last night, we missed the bullet here thankfully!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i like this! it is very spring-y and your colors are super!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is such an adorable card! What a super job with the paper piecing. That flower is so bright and springy. But I just love the Mama and baby bird on the lower right side - way too cute!

Elaine Allen

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love it! I love your button flower and the piercing! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Catherine Kraft said...

I love your spring card, it is really adorable. There are so many different elements to it and it definitely says SPRING!!!

Joan said...

This is very very cute!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Holly this is super gorgeous the piercing shows up perfectly and the images and colours are beautiful thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward in seeing what you can show us with the copics. I want to tell you again how much I appreciate you sharing the information with us.

Dawn B. said...

This is really beautiful Holly.. I love this image. It is PERFECT for a quilted card.. You did a great job..

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Holly, your card is amazing! So cute!!!

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Holly! love the paper piecing and piercing! great job!

Rose said...

cute! love your paper piecing and that flower with the button.....must find :)

treesawardincrafts said...

I love that border, do you have a special hole punch or did you sit there with a needle?

Shawna said...

I love this card Holly. Your paper piecing is fabulous and I love that big ol' button in the middle of the flower. Really, really cute!

Pam said...

Gorgeous - I just love all the details on this card!

Debby said...

Darling! The birds are too cute and your scene is perfect. Love the button flower.