Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Rainbow of Bunnies

Good morning and Happy Sunday to you all! I hope that you enjoyed the new release at Squigglefly yesterday. The artists seem to get better and better with each release don't they? And did you see the beautiful calligraphy greetings and words by Roann Mathias? I can see many of those being printed for scrapbooks. The Inside Outs are just fabulous, and such fun to use! If you haven't yet checked them out, then be sure to do so today! Also, it's a great time to shop because they are offering a huge 25% discount! Read about how to get the discount HERE, but hurry because time's running out!

Today I have a couple of Easter cards to show you. I used one of my all time favorite images Spring Tree by Angie Davis and the cute Happy Easter Bunny by Robin Willis to make the bulk of the Easter cards I am sending out this year.

Here's a group shot of my Spring Tree cards


(click to enlarge)

and here's a close up of a couple so you can see more detail


(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky. I added some stickles to the tree for some sparkle. I used a Martha Stewart border punch along the bottom of the back edge and embossed the side of the front with one of the border embossing folders from Provo Craft. After I embossed it, I sanded it to bring out the detail more. Then I stamped "Happy Easter" at the top. The "Happy Easter" is from Clearly Stampendous.


Here are all my little Happy Easter Bunny cards



(click to enlarge)

And here are a couple close up


(click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)

I colored all of the bunnies different colors, and on some of them I added whiskers or dotted their eyes with a white gel pen; just different touches so each one is different. They are colored with Copic markers and the little eggs in the round circle greeting are colored with Spicas for sparkle. These bunnies are fun to practice shading on!

I used circle and scalloped circle nestabilites for cutting them, and the cards with. I used a swiss dots embossing folder to emboss some of the cards, and again I sanded to bring out the dots more. A ribbon at the top finishes them off.

These were all really quick cards to make, which is good when you have a lot to send! I am entering these into the Dare You To Digi Stamp challenge, The Corrosive Challenge, and the No Time To Stamp challenge since all of them are wanting to see Easter cards. It's hard to believe that Easter is only a week away!

I hope you all enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Oh gosh your Easter cards are gorgeous ! I love the pretty colours you have used and the embossed effect is so lovely... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Good morning holly. :) These are so adorable! These would make perfect gifts for my friends at work too. Thankyou for the inspiration! fantastic work!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well i'll be looking for that fabulous pink one in my mailbox - lol!

these are all awesome, holly! girl you are just fabulous!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Happy Sunday to you, too, Holly! I love your bunny cards! And.. the thanks a bushel images. You did a super job with your card.

Becky said...

What beautiful Easter colors. I just love the circle ones, they are so adorable.

msfreida said...

It can't be Easter...my dogwood hasn't opened its buds yet! I hate it when they don't coincide! But we are expecting warm, pretty days this week, so there's still a chance! I just need to borrow some time to finish some cards!

Your Easter cards look so Eastery amidst the gorgeous phlox you have blooming! Ohhh the colors are gorgeous and both designs are spectacular! Love all the extra touches! I know the Easter bunny will definitely stop by your house! :)

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-these are just so pretty and wonderful!!! I love Easter with all the pretty pastel colors!!

Linda L said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! I really love these. The colors are fantastic! The embossing really looks great. Your coloring is fantastic.

Joan said...

Oh my goodness....these are all so sweet. Beautiful colours. You've been very busy!!!

Deb Neerman said...

These are just gorgeous! Love those adorable Easter images ... and all so beautifully colored!!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge!

Heather said...

All super cute!! Love the outdoor picture..

Dawn B. said...

You have been so busy. I love these images for Easter cards. Our trees are really blooming here. That Easter bunny is so sweet.. Great job.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful rainbow Holly.

Rachel said...

Soooo Cute Holly!! Hmmm these look so fun to make i may give them a try. thanks for the inspiration!!
Have a great day!
hugs,
Rachel

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

I think that's a bushel of Easter Wishes! Too cute.

Hey come & play!
Jazzy's Paper Designs BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY! Hurry the challenge ends April 3, 2010
DEETS HERE There are only 3 entries so far so there’s a good chance you could win!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Like them all but especially the bunny cards! It is fun to see them in so many assorted colors.

Roann Mathias said...

Hi! Thanks for mentioning the new stamps! Hope that you are doing well!

Debby said...

Cute cute cute. You've been busy.