Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Is Nothing To Sneeze At

Good morning and happy Wednesday to you all! Yesterday was Mothermark's Tea Party, but I thought I should bow out of this one because the spring weather has me constantly sneezing and blowing my nose and no one wants to see that a tea party!

Since I didn't go to the party, I decided to make myself feel a little better by making a card and taking a dig at Spring - plus there are a lot of challenge blogs out there right now with Spring as the theme!



(click to enlarge)

and the inside



(click to enlarge)

Isn't this a fabulously fun image? It's a new one that Lynne Stansbery drew for Squigglefly, and I think it's being released this Saturday. They are calling it Allergies. I colored it with copic markers and then die cut the image with a nestabilities die. The dandelions are flocked, but it's kind of hard to tell in the photo. I printed the words out on my computer, and the ones on the front were die cut with one of the smaller nestaibilties and then sponged with some ink while it was still in the die.

I had some fun Spring ribbon in my stash and cut part of a piece with the "spring is in the air" words and stuck it in the corner. I love making silly cards, and this one was fun. I'm entering it in the Digital Tuesday challenge, The Charisma Card Challenge, and the ABC Toys and Crafts challenge.


I hope Spring is treating you a little more kindly. Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

30 comments:

Shawna said...

Really cute Holly! The best spring card I have seen yet!! As much as most of us look forward to spring, there ARE downsides! Feel better soon.

Catherine said...

Oh I do love your card Holly ! I suffer from hay fever myself so I really had a laugh looking at the image : it's so like me !!! Smiles from Catherine

Joan said...

Great card - I'm sure there are tons of people who would appreciate it.

Patricia St Martin said...

I sure can relate to your card. Great card for get well, Is that new image at squigglefly? I really like it. You did a wonderful job.

bumblebee creations said...

HOW CUTE--I can simply not wait for these--How fun!

The Brat said...

The new inside outs are looking so fun! Now, I am sure we could have "spun" this one into the tea party! Maybe when you sneeze you subliminally give the answer to the cross word ahhhh tea party choooo!!!
I can connect just about anything...

Maria Matter said...

oh this is fun! Unfortunately, there are probably lots of people you could send this card to!

Fabulous Holly!!!
Blessings, Maria

Cheryl said...

Ah I love this! It is exactly how I go through the spring! Great job coloring this image.

Vicki said...

Holly how creative hon! Very cute image too! Hope your day was great...despite the sneezing!

HUGS,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Holly you have captured me.
well, i could hope that i look that good while suffering. lol
CAT S.

msfreida said...

This is PRICELESS! :) Oh can I relate! Is there anything Lynne can't draw??? Such a precious image! I love how you used the nesties with it! And ohhh that DP is perfect! I'm so excited about the Inside Outs! That's really gonna save a lot of time and energy! Teehee

Hugs~

specialcraftmom4 said...

Really cute card! If you made her with dark brown hair that would be me (:

Aimeslee said...

Awesome stamps and card. xoxo

Kim said...

That's me right now!!! IOt is the snow mold that is bad right now. Love your card!!!!!

Jeanette said...

Holly, this is a great card. Made me laugh.

Crafty Creations said...

This is terrific!! What a great idea - I have lots of peeps in my life who would appreciate a card like this!!!!
Nice work!
Maria

Heather the MooseLover said...

LOL- I love it Holly! The perfect spring allergy card.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

haaahhhaaahhhaaaa! only you!

*Vicki* said...

BWWHAA!! HAA!! Isn't this the truth?!! Such a cute card Holly!! Your coloring is always amazing girl!! Great job!! HUGS

paperpedaler said...

This card totally cracked me up. Love all the creativity behind this. Whoever receives this card will be blessed with ah, wonderful spring greeting. :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun card!! Love the spring but yes the allergies come with it. Gorgeous design Holly!

Justine said...

This is such a funny image, love your coloring. Absolutely perfect for Spring

Dawn B. said...

Well that is no fun.. Hope you feel better soon.. This is achooooable.. Great job Holly.

Kathy said...

Only you could make this image come to life Holly. So fun and prefect for you. Sorry to hear that you are suffering with a cold or allergies right now. Sending hugs you way!<kathy

Laurie said...

Great card! TFS!

Emma said...

Rofl....fantastic and super card.
Hugs Emma x

Leanne said...

Absolutely fantastic!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Terri said...

This is too cute, and a definite sign of "spring"! Great job!

Karolyn Loncon said...

Super cute and clever! I'm lucky that I don't have allergies, but I'm sure you have lots of friends that will truly appreciate this. Hehehe

Debby said...

Silly is good. No fun to take everything so seriously. Very Silly.