Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things To Avoid As We Age

Hi everyone! At the risk of boring you to tears with updates on my sinuses I will tell you that they are doing a little better with the use of antihistamine/decongestants, but boy do those things make me sleepy!

I've got a fun card for you today. It was so much fun to make. Here's the front


(click to enlarge)

and here's the inside




(click to enlarge)

The image I used is called Up A Few Pounds, and it's available at Squigglelfy.

Here are the colors I used to color the skin and the cheek color




Here are the colors I used for the shirt and shoes. I used the Y15 to pick up some of the YG17 to make an "in between" color between my lightest and darkest. Oh, if I only had all of the colors!



Here are the colors for the blue jeans



On the blue jeans, after I colored like I usually do, I grabbed a pair of my blue jeans and wet a little colorless blender on a piece. Then I pressed the wet jean material to the blue jeans to create a little texture to her pants. Here's a close up so you can see it better (click on it to really see the detail)


(click to enlarge)


and finally here are the colors for her hair



I used a circle nestabilites to cut the little hole out of the front and the sentiment was generated on my computer. The font I used is called Minya Nouvelle and if you like it you can get it free HERE. If you are new to my blog you may find a video I made on placing text on your cards helpful - you can see it HERE.

I hope you have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for looking!

25 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

So glad you are feeling better. I can relate to the sinus issues, completely understand.
I love this card, it is a hoot. And believe me, I've been there - LOL! Too cute and funny. Thanks for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

ocean-dreamer said...

I love this card! TOO cute! Thanks for sharing it.

Vicki said...

HOLLY! How stinkin cute this is! And I LOVE your texture technique on the jeans!! How creative you are! Thanks for the tip on the freebie font...a girl can never have enough fonts. Have a wonderful day today! Glad your sinuses are better hon.

HUGS!
Vicki

Shawna said...

Sorry those darn sinuses are still bothering you. 'Tis the season. I suffer from it all year long, so my heart goes out to you Holly, it's a miserable thing to deal with. Your card today is so cute --- and no I won't entertain you with a poem! :-) Your coloring is to die for, girl!

Shawna said...

Just checked out your video ---- great tutorial!!! Can't wait to try this!

Maria Matter said...

oh, this is hilarious! love it Holly!
great texture too!
Blessings, Maria

*Vicki* said...

BWWHAA!! Too funny Holly!! What a clever way to use that image girl!!HUGS

Terri said...

Hi Holly, this is my virst visit to your blog. First off, your card today is hilarious! Can't we all relate to this lady? :-)
I want to thank you for your tutorial on how to place words onto a greeting card using Word. You don't know how handy that is going to be for me. You have a great blog and I really enjoyed looking a round! TFS

msfreida said...

Is this not FABULOUS! What a clever, and true, sentiment! TOO FUNNY! Love how your ribbon matches the DP...fabulous border too! Oh I love your coloring here, especially the jeans! FABULOUS texture tip too! :)

Glad you are feeling better! ;)

Hugs~

Elizabeth said...

Your coloring is beautiful - funny, funny card. Wishing you well with your sinus - hope you recover soon. X

Becky said...

Hi Holly; This is just too funny. I just love this image and how you designed this card. And thanks for the copics you used.

Pam in Ar. said...

HaHaHaHa..where did you get my picture from Holly! Love it and the card.....

Jane said...

ADORABLE!!! Too funny!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! How did I miss so many of your awesome creations Holly? This card is just too funny! I totally love your owl card-and what a gorgeous card your lingerie card is! Your Easter card is amazing with all of those fun bright springy colors!!!! Hopefully I will soon have more time to craft!

Linda L said...

LOL!! She is something!
Love your coloring.

Joan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! This card is hilarious! And I LOVE how you added the texture to the jeans - very clever!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

who told you???? lol

super cute & fun. typical holly!

hubby is congested too. poor thing.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Fun card! I love how I, I mean your image, is peeking through that porthole.

I'm suffering some sinus stuff right now so I can relate!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Fabulous card! Love the humor, and great job coloring in the image!

Cheryl said...

Too cute! I love the cut out.

Kathy said...

OMG this is precious Holly and your coloring is masterful!! Love it!

Loretta Rodger said...

Very cute card, aren't you glad they make elastic waistbands?! I am!

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo, Soooooooooo True. Very Cute Card.
Luvglitztoo

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo, Soooooooooo True. Very Cute Card.
Luvglitztoo

Debby said...

Here's my recipe for spring sinueses. Zyrtec and Mucinex D every 4-6 hours. It works I'm tellin ya. A little sleepy if I take the Zyrtec in the morning so I usually take it before bed. Cute card. Very clever you.