Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wish Shoe Well At the Tea party

Good morning everyone! Last Tuesday was Mothermark's tea party and we all went to the Galapagos Islands to bring poor flat footed Ruby some shoes to help her fit in with her friends. Ruby loves polka dots, and while I tried to find the perfect polka dotted pair of shoes for her I could, the best pair didn't have dots! I opted instead to stamp some Hero Arts dots on the back ground. I think Ruby will forgive me when she see's this pretty pair of purple pumps I brought!



I printed out the High Heel image and colored it with these Copic markers.



Simple images like this shoe are fun to practice with your Copics because you are only using one color. The sentiment is one that Nina Brackett drew for Squigglefly. It will be in a set of ten sentiments called Fashion Sentiments. I think it is being released this Saturday too. I also happened to have the perfect white with purple polka dots ribbon to go with this!

Well here it is Tuesday again, so I'd better head over to the tea party and see where we're going this week! I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Holly. xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous. that shoe looks comfortable! hope the other one is too - lol! have fun at that tea party!!!

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a beautiful card ! Love the colour and the sentiment is so sweet ! Great colouring ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

That shoe is a beautiful card Holly!

Rachel said...

what a beautiful card Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

KellyRae said...

Fun card - LOVE how you added the white accents for shine (and the sentiment is too cute).

msfreida said...

Ahhh...FABULOUS card! This really shows your expertise! Your coloring still blows my mind and man can you work your white pen/gesso...gosh mine always looks like a boo-boo! You did an awesome job making your own DP too...great design! And I can't wait to see the rest of these sentiments because this one ROCKS!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the purple shoes :)

Maria Matter said...

Adorable!!!
great spotted background!!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

HOLLY! Really pretty...that shoe is colored so so lovely! It has a shine to it...really you have quite a talent using that white pen!

HUGS,
Vicki

Joan said...

What a fantastic card. You've done an incredible job colouring this shoe - it pretty much walks right off the page.

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love shoes... perfectly purple pump!

*Vicki* said...

OOH la la!! You know I LOVE the colors on this one girl!! :) yummy purple pump!!HUGS

Emma said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous colour.
Hugs Emma x

Debby said...

Cute shoe! You need to teach me how to use the white pen.