Friday, April 23, 2010

Butterfly Birthday

Hooray for Friday! If you've been to Squigglefly you might have noticed that this week's images were released a bit early. Ashley is on her way to Nashville today to run a half marathon tomorrow, and she wanted to get the release out while she was here instead of making us all wait! And the One A Day in May deal is up and ready! Believe me when I tell you that getting the One A Day is such a fun thing to do! You not only get a great deal on your images, but every single day in May you wake up to a new image waiting for you to download! It's such fun because it's like a little surprise present every day! You will definitely want to go see the new images because this week they are introducing a brand new artist! Jackie Mathews is making her debut on Squigglefly this week. Jackie's drawings are so cute and sure to satisfy that sweet tooth! Here's a peek at one of her images called Butterfly Bouquet.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this little fellow just darling? I colored with Copic colors flowers -RV21, RV23, bug cheeks - R20, bug face - YR000, flower stems - YG23, bow around flowers - Y06, circles in wings and edges of wings - BG32, BG34, BG45, and the wings -Booo, Boo, Bo2. Then I used the Quickie glue pen to color in the circles on the wings and sprinkled some glitter on. I used a white gel pen to dot the centers of the flowers in his hand.

The sketch is from a fun challenge blog I found at I Love Digi. The words are from a clear stamp set I got at Michael's dollar spot and I stamped them with teal Vivid ink. The background paper is from Stampin' Up!

Today I have started my first challenge on the card universe group. I hope you will come play along. You have two whole weeks to get an entry in, and this week is easy - just use some glitter on your card!

Have a great Friday, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a sweet card ! I love the little face of the butterfly, it's cute ! Love the soft colours you have chosen too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

Jackie really hit a home run with her debut! These are sooo adorable! I love how you used this lil cutie too, especially with the colors you used and added touches! What a fabulous sketch...so unique!

Sending good luck wishes to Ashley...sooo proud of her! :) I hope this weather doesn't pose a problem for them. Speaking of which, it sounds like it's going to be a doozy tonight and tomorrow! Any mention of tornadoes sends me into panic mode! Please stay safe!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :)
Hugs~

Elaine said...

Awwww so sweet Holly :) Love the papers and what a cute bug :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this fortnight :)

Elaine x

Linda L said...

Oh what a cute bug!Love the colors.

Vicki said...

Holly sooooo cute!! And I checked out Jackie's images....they are awesome too!!! Must be the day for butterflies...my card today was a butterfly! TGIF!!! Hope Ashley has beautiful weather to run her marathon...wishing her luck! Have a great day Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

Becky said...

Cute as a bug. :) Great layout.

Marlene said...

Adorable!

Joan said...

Oh what a cool bug - love the card.

Paul said...

That ios a really great image and now need to have a look at the others too. Thanks for joining in with us at I LOVE DIGI
Paul

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i just love this card. one of my favs - i would venture to say. the colors are fabulous, the layout is terrific and you KNOW i love the sparkle! not to mention that that's a super darling image!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card, Holly! Love the colors and that's just an adorable image!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! I hope to see you again soon!
Dee (Spryte)