Monday, April 26, 2010

Challenging Butterfly

Good morning everyone! Here we are back with another Monday. Ashley did great at the half marathon! She finished in just over 3 hours, which I find totally amazing.

Yesterday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and you know I love to play along in that when I can. If you want to see the card I CASED just click HERE. And here is my card



(click to enlarge)

I used another one of the acetate butterflies I showed you how to make a few days ago. The butterfly is from Nina Brackett's Fancy Flowers set available at Squigglefly. I printed it on to the acetate and then glued some hand dyed tissue paper to the back of it. The antenna was made with some wire and glued on to the back. I do think my sponging could use a little work!

I used the same tissue paper to cover the front of the card, and then I stamped the swirl on to the image panel and sponged some teal ink around the edges. The swirl is from a clear set of flourishes from Autumn Leaves and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Sincere Salutations set. It's a really quick card to make! I colored in a few of the scallops on the swirl with a BG34 Copic marker.

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog, and this week Maria is asking everyone to use the colors blue and green so I think my card fits right in with that! I hope you'll play along too - you can win a prize!

Also, don't forget that you only have until the end of this week to order your One A Day in May! You do not want to miss this! Go check out the details here! I hope you have great start to your week, and thanks for stopping in!

15 comments:

Nana Bev said...

Great card, Holly. Love the colors and the background. Simple and elegant. Great job!

Vicki said...

Holly, beautiful! I think your sponging was awesome...how well coordinated! That butterfly is so beautiful. Have a great day Holly.

Vicki

msfreida said...

YAYYYY ASHLEY! :) I'm SOOO proud of you! I thought of you as those storms were headed north. So glad you were able to complete the race without any trouble...and in 3 hrs!!! YOU GO GIRL! :)

Holly, this card is EXQUISITE! SOOO STUNNING! What a GORGEOUS butterfly, and with that background...simply AMAZING! I think your sponging looks FABULOUS, so don't give me any lip! ;)

We have been without cable and the internet all weekend, so I have a lot of ground to cover this morning! So glad y'all weathered the storms, and my heart goes out to those who weren't as fortunate.

Hope you have a FABULOUS week! We start evaluating those Senior projects in the morning (thank you God!), so I'll miss having my coffee with ya! :(

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Oh Holly Sweetie, your card is gorgeous ! The colour effect is stunning and your butterfly is just amazing ! Everything is perfect... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Joan said...

This is absolutely stunning Holly - That butterfly is beautiful.

Marlene said...

Fantastic card!

Elaine A said...

Holly,

Congratulations to Ashley, how awesome for her!
I adore this card, it is just so beautiful! What a tremendous job you've done creating it. Just gorgeous!!

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

love love love it!!! And loved your video too!!!! way cool projects you showed us how to do! Thanks Holly!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ok. can i shut my mouth now??? this is jaw-dropping gorgeous! i love it! wow! my all time favorite!!!! love, love, love it!

Dawn Edwards said...

Super cute card! I love the tissue paper appeal! I think I need to try one of your butterflies but have to go shopping for acetate first! ;)
Your sponging looks great don't be so hard on yourself!

Linda L said...

Oh I agree with Stef this is beautiful!

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful Butterfly Holly....

acreativeneed said...

Beautifully done!! I love that butterfly!!

Nora said...

Love the colors on this one - so serene!
♥hugs♥

Becky said...

I love the colors of this butterfly and card, so pretty.