Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Color My World

Hi everyone! Thank you for the prayers for Riley. We picked her up from the emergency place this morning and took her to our regular vet. The emergency vet said he was glad we had opted for them to give her the anti venom because he would have hated to see how much swelling there would have been with out it. Her jaws are all swollen up like someone with a bad tooth infection or mumps, poor baby. She still had a catheter in her arm. Our regular vet said they wanted to keep her today and possibly tomorrow. The first 48 hours are the most critical and then after that they need to watch the tissue because the poison will kill cells and there will be tissue damage and then we have to watch for infection in the damaged area for about a week.

You know we had her on a leash, and we were in an area that we had just been fishing so there wasn't anything else we could have done to prevented this. She could have gotten bit by a snake in her own backyard. The only way to prevent anything is to keep her inside all of the time and what kind of life is that for a dog like her? Just please continue to pray for her.

I do have a card to show you today that I made a few days ago, and it was a fun one to make. I used an image drawn by Angie Davis called Whimsy Town available at Squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

It's colored with Copic markers and the sky is chalked. See the ribbon at the bottom? A friend of mine sent me a really cute artist's trading card and she used a frayed piece of fabric at the bottom of it for grass. I thought it was a really cute idea so I tried it with some ribbon. My pleating leaves a little something to be desired, but the idea is cute don't you think?

I printed the sentiment out with my computer and then free hand cut the cloud shape. At least it's supposed to be a cloud, but when I asked my daughter if she could tell I was going for a cloud shape she said "no"! LOL!



Just wanted to remind you that there's only four more days to order the One a Day in May! It really is a super sweet deal, and so much fun! Don't miss out!

Also, there's still time to play in the challenge I've got going at the card universe! You can't win if you don't play!

Well, have a super fantastic day and thanks again for all of the prayers and support for our puppy dog!

14 comments:

Elaine A said...

Dear Holly -

I just read about my sweetie, Riley. I have said a prayer that she will recover and be back to her silly, loveable self in no time. You must be going crazy, I know how I get with my boys. I am so glad she seems to be responding to the medication. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Elaine Allen

Kristie said...

Very cute card! I think your cut out looks like a cloud :)

Prayers continue for Riley!

Maria Matter said...

oh Holly, I'm so sorry I didn't read about Riley sooner, I will definitely pray!!!!!


adorable card, love the idea of ribbony grass!!!
take care
Blessings, Maria

KellyRae said...

Holly, my prayers are going up for Riley's continued improvement. What a scary thing and how lucky you have an emergency vet!

Gotta say I LOVE the ribbon grass on your card.

Joan said...

Very cute card - I like what you did with the ribbon for the grass. Prayers going up for Riley - hope their is improvement.

Marlene said...

Adorable card!

I hope Riley recovers quickly without complications. You were good to take her to the Emergency vet. Snakes scare the bejeezies out of me. Hope I never encounter one.

bumblebee creations said...

HOlly! Aww. poor puppy doggie! I have prayed for her, and you too! Good thing you caught it so fast! I cant wait for may 1rst!

Becky said...

Poor baby, she is lucky to have you. :)
Great card today, love the colors and love your cloud.

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! I will keep praying for Riley and you. I know what it is like to have a poorly pet and I keep you in my heart. As you said you can't keep your little Riley indoor all the time... I have a little cat and we have the same problem, she loves going out and even if we know it can be dangerous we know she is happier this way... Your card is delightful Sweetie, it looks like a little painting, it's very sweet... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Dawn Edwards said...

Super cute card! Yes it looks like a cloud! Tell your eldest to stop teasing you! I hope Riley has a speedy recovery! I've also experienced snake bites with my dogs. We have rattlers in our Prairie and when they get bit they swell up for an entire week. Good thing you got her to the Emerg. vet to get the anti-venom it makes a world of difference in their outcome! My thoughts and prayers continue for you both!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love the ribbon! the card is super.

watch your mailbox this weekend - something coming your way.

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

what a cute card, love how you used the ribbon on this card...and glad to hear your doggie is doing better!

Heather the MooseLover said...

I am so glad Riley is doing better. I thought about you several times this evening (ok the fact I was reading a book with a dog in it probably contributed ;) Hugs!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Hi Holly, soooo happy to hear Riley is doing better. poor girl, I hope they are keeping the pain at bay. Your card is darling. I LOVE that image!!! Great coloring.