Monday, April 12, 2010

Dogwoods in Teal, Coral, Pink, and Lavender

Good morning all! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Betty from Scrapped Into A Friendzy and Becky from A Diamond In the Rough for giving me the following award.




Now there are the usual rules in accepting this award, but I've done it several times already and don't have anything new to tell you! But I do thank you ladies for honoring me with it!


I hope that you like dogwood blooms because I've got three cards to share with you today and they all feature dogwood blooms! I used the new image that Lynne Stansbery drew called Dogwood Delight, and I think it was aptly named because it was a delight playing with this image!

My first two cards are exactly the same except for the color combination. On all of them I colored the dogwood blossoms with Copic colors E41, R81, YG41, Y000, and G40. The branch was colored with E43, and the leaves are YG25.

Here's the first card done in teal


(click to enlarge)

The colors used on the vase are BG000 - 32 - 34

Here is one done in coral


(click to enlarge)

The colors used on the coral vase are R20 - 22 - 24. On both of these cards the greeting is from a Stampin' Up! set called Sincere Salutations. I freehand cut the curve on top and on the first card I used a border punch from Martha Stewart that extends beyond the front.


This next one is a little different design and is done in lavender. The colors used on the vase are BV00-02-04


(click to enlarge)

The greeting on the last card is from Kolette Hall, and the background stamp is one I've had for a long time and it's unmounted so I have no idea what company it's from. It kind of looks like a waxed paper resist though, don't you think?

Okay, can you stand one more? Yesterday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers, and they featured one of my very favorite people - Pat Smethers. I couldn't let the day go by without taking part in that challenge! The card I chose from Pat's gallery can be seen HERE, and here is my card


(click to enlarge)

I used R81-83-85 to color the blossoms and dotted a bit of Y06 in the centers. As you can see, I didn't change her layout at all and I stuck with her color scheme. I used a Spellbinders Impressabilites for my embossed layer.

Today is Monday, so that means there's a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog! Go check it out and play along for a chance to win a prize! Even if you don't want to play, it's worth seeing what the design team has done!

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful Monday, and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Catherine said...

Your cards are so so pretty Holly ! The images are lovely and I love the way you have built up your cards around them... Just delightful... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Kristie said...

They are all beautiful! I just love Lynne's flower images.

msfreida said...

OH MAN...WHAT A WAY TO START THE WEEK! :) These are all amazing, Holly! I am in total awe! I mentioned how I LOVED Lynne's dogwood image, but you took it over the top! What a GORGEOUS way to show its versatility! The coloring and shading just blows my mind, but the way you hand cut that edge is SOOO CREATIVE! WOW! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly! you are rockin'!!! these are absolutely gorgeous! i just love your free-hand cut! absolutely fabulous!

Becky said...

Girl you have been busy..These are fabulous, I just love the first two, they are so elegant. How did you get that wave cut??

Joan said...

Wow!!!! All of these are stunning I absolutely love that curved top - gorgeous.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Great cards- I especially love the color dredged swoopy edges. Very eye catching. Love how you used Lynne's dogwood image.

Congrats on the award!

Biscuitlid said...

these are all just beautiful Holly, so delicate and so wonderfully coloured too
Hugs
Victoria
x

Linda L said...

Wonderful Holly! I love how you cut the top cards. What a great idea and the colors are fantastic.

Maria Matter said...

oH mY wORD these are beautiful Holly! I love your curvy cards, that is so unique and lovely!!!
A wonderful showcase today!!!
Blessings, Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh HOlly!! Exquisite selection of cards!! Love the clean white paired with a splash of color and the floral images!!! My fave are the first two!! I may have to case your design!! Love it!!
hugs,
Chris

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

congratulations on the award and your cards are so pretty! I love all the feminine touches. :)

Aimeslee said...

Gorgeous cards, Holly! xoxo

Vicki said...

Holly so so pretty...all of them...really liking your shaped cards! Dogwood flowers are so pretty and you did a wonderful jpb portraying them...You were really on a roll. Might have to case your shaped card idea Holly. Hope you have a great day!

HUGS,
Vicki

Heather said...

Wow you've been busy. These are all wonderful..

Jane said...

These are all AMAZING! LOVE them!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my... You have been so busy. All the dogwood trees here are blooming and this reminds me of them.. I love all the colors you chose and what a fabulous layout.. Great job Holly.

acreativeneed said...

These are so very pretty Holly!! Love the shape of the first two! Lovely colors too! There is a little something for you on my blog!
smiles,Deena

Emma said...

Congrats on your award and such a gorgeous collection of cards. Such pretty colours.
Hugs Emma x

Debby said...

Wowza wowza wowza!!! I have that image printed and ready to go. I love it. These are all so amazing but the first two completely rock my world. gorgeous!

Jaspere said...

Wow these are all great. Love the shape to the first ones.