Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Friend Like You

Hi everyone and happy Sunday to you! I got so much stuff done yesterday! I cleaned the house, planned my menu for the week, bought the groceries for the meals, walked and played with Riley, did laundry, ironed my clothes for the week ahead, and made a couple of cards! Since I got so much done, today is mostly all play!

Here's a card I made that uses the Squigglefly image called Digging Dog.


(click to enlarge)

and here's the inside





I colored it with Copic markers and chalked the sky background. The words were printed with my computer in a Comic Sans font. I colored the ribbon with a Copic marker to match the pink in the designer paper, which is from Pink Armadillo.

After I had my image all colored the sentiment came to mind, and I wished I had thought of the sentiment first because I think it would have been cute to have the dog a little lower each time it said "and dig" until only his tail was showing. Don't you think that would be cute?

Well, I hope you are liking the new images at Squigglefly this week! I know I had a lot of fun yesterday making up some cards with the Dogwood Delight that was released yesterday. I'll show them to you tomorrow! Have a wonderful Sunday, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Aaawwwwhhhhh!! this is adorable!! The sentiment is perfect for the image!!

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Gosh you have been a busy bee ! Your card is so cute, I really love the sentiment, just great ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your card is so so cute! Very fun image... great coloring, too! Love the layout! And the sentiment makes me giggle!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

AWWwwww, how sweet is that! Glad you got things done yesterday :) Play days are fun! Enjoy.....

Kristie said...

That is so cute!!!

And wow, you were SO productive!! Good for you!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

what a cute card...luv the doggie!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

what a cute card...luv the doggie!

msfreida said...

Good mornin'! :)
Isn't this the CUTEST card? I just love what you did with this image, and what an awesome sentiment! (love how you staggered it on the front!) Yeah, I think the disappearing puppy idea would be hilarious! Your sky/clouds look fabulous! Don't think we'll see any today though...hello summer!

Well I hope you enjoy your playtime today! Mine is right around the corner! The end is in sight for the Sr projects and I don't know who's happier, me or the kids! :)

Hugs~

Linda L said...

Goodness I wish I could get that much done in one day. I have that much to do today but I want to make cards.
I love your card it is so sweet. I really like your coloring and the clouds.

Joan said...

Very cute card!

Becky said...

I love this sentiment..And that dog is just adorable.

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhh....this is just adorable! So cute!

Chris (catt871) said...

Sooo cute!!!!! I love the sentiment wtih that image!!!! I wish I had your ambition to do all that.....I guess if the weather was nicer here I'd feel more inclined to get things done!! LOL Good job though!!!!
Chris

Maria Matter said...

awww, I love this image! this is just darling Holly, great clouds!!

great idea with re-positioning the doggy...

HUGS!!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww.....heehehehe....I LOVE this!! how cute!

Emma said...

Aw so sweet...
Hugs Emma x

Debby said...

clever on the dog digging and getting lower. that would be cute. i have two diggers and they drive me up a wall sometimes the way they smell. and they hate baths but they just can't put 2 and 2 together :) love the card.