Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm Draggin' In To Say Thank You

Hi everyone. Riley is continuing to improve and we were able to bring her home last night! The swelling is still considerable, but so much better than it was this morning. I am hoping that there won't be a lot of tissue damage. The vet said that gravity pulls the poison down and where it settles is where it swells and causes damage. She said it was lucky to have her bit on the head because it doesn't have far to go. If she had been bit up on her torso, the poison would drain down and affect everything along the way and she could have a lot more damage. We have to watch for any draining and take her back if that happens. She's got three different medications to take twice a day. I am so thankful for all of your prayers. I know she wouldn't be as well as she is without them. And I am so very thankful for the people who are there to take care of our animals when they are hurt!
Here's a picture of her from the side and you can see the swelling uner her chin at her jaw area



and here is the snake bite itself on the top of her head



Today we take her back to the vet to get the catheter removed from her leg. They left it in last night in case she wasn't drinking or eating well at home and they needed to give her more fluids. It's so good to have her back home!

I have a couple of cards to share with you today. The first one is one I made after Stef Hughes sent me her adorable Draco Dragon image to play with!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't Mr. Draco just a charming fellow? I colored him with Copic markers and added some glitter to his wings. The sky and ground are chalked. This is being entered into the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge.

The sentiment was printed out on my computer and here is the inside


(click to enlarge)
I'm always unsure if I should use the actual word "Dragon" in this case or "Draggin'". What's the rule for puns like this?

My next card is a thank you card I'm sending to my niece. She recently told me she had started crocheting. You know how it is when you first start a new hobby - you do a lot of it! so I mentioned if she felt like crocheting flowers for me I'd love to have some. So, she sent me an envelope full of different flowers and I made this card using one of her flowers.


(click to enlarge)

The Thank you is from one of Nina Brackett's Moments With Dad sentiments and punched a scalloped border on the bottom with a punch from EK Success. Then I sponged some Close to Cocoa ink on it.

The card base is embossed with a swiss dots embossing folder. The designer paper is from Stampin' Up! and is also lightly sponged with the brown ink. The lace is some more that my fabulous friend Freida gifted me with. I punched a large flower (Marvy punch) from brown card stock and then sponged it with the Close to Cocoa and popped the crocheted flower on top and tied on a square button. The leaves are another EK success punch.



Time is running out on the One a Day in May! Don't miss out!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

23 comments:

Jeanette said...

Dear Holly,

OMG! Poor little Riley. I'm so glad that she is on the mend. What a horrible ordeal for her and you. Bless her little heart. Please give her a scratch and a pat for me.

Isn't that the cutest little dragon. Love what you did with it.

Jeanette

Catherine said...

Oh Sweetie I am so so relieved Riley is getting better ! You must be so happy to have her back home ! What a relief ! Take care Holly, we think of you and Riley ! Lots of hugs from Catherine

Becky said...

I am so glad Riley is home and doing better. I pray this never happens to her again :).
What an adorable dragon , and gorgeous thank you, beautiful lace.

msfreida said...

OH NOOO!!!! I had no idea this had happened to our Riley! I have been so consumed with the evaluations that I have not had a chance to check my emails! God love her! This just breaks my heart! I know you've been worried sick! I pray she continues to improve and will be back to normal soon. Sending her lots of love and hugs!

On a brighter note...these cards are SOOO FABULOUS! I am in love with Mr.Draco! What a cutie! :) You did an AMAZING job with the coloring and what a perfect sentiment! This layout really brings out these fantastic DPs and makes the image pop!
I can't believe your niece is just a beginner with how this flower looks! THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! She needs to start her a lil business...ummm she'd definitely have mine! She will be thrilled to see how you used it here! This is GORGEOUS, Holly! Love this font Nina used too! :)

Hopefully after today, my life will resume to some normalcy! I am in such a need for some card- making and playing with all these new images. Just need to jump on those "One a Days"! Teehee :)

Big hugs~

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love your cards, that dragon is just the cutest guy! And thanks for reminding me of the flowers you niece made. I have about 8 or so that I crocheted and stuck in a closet, time to take them out. I love the way it looks on your sweet card.

I am so glad your angel Riley is on the mend. The poor baby, her poor little face and head. I truly hope there is not too much tissue damage. Give her a gentle hug from me.

Elaine Allen

Shawna said...

Oh thank God! What an awful thing for all of you to deal with, but looks like little Riley is on the mend and you can relax a little. Please keep us informed along that road to recovery. Love both your cards. I think you had it correct ..... dragon for the play on words. Have a happy, RELIEVED, thankful day Holly!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I'm so glad things are going well for Riley!

Marlene said...

Your poor pup. I'm so glad she's doing better. Nasty snake. I hope it broke it's fangs.

Love your cards, as usual. I'd love to start crocheting again some day. I kinda miss it...especially when I see lovely details like yours.

Patricia St Martin said...

First of all I'm so glad Riley is still with us. I'm so glad she is doing better. Only good part of all of this is that you where with her when this happened. I do pray she gets better each and every day and there are no side effects for her.

You pin pointed it right on the noise, Mr. Draco is just charming. So cute and you colors are perfect.
The second card is very elegant, the lace, crochet flower. Nice soft colors. Love both of then.

Niki said...

Holly,
so glad to hear Riley is doing better, will continue to pray for her.

The dragon card is great, love the pun no matter how you spell it.

Niki

Jennifer Scull said...

so glad you were able to bring her home last night. it will make such a difference in her healing. happy that the prayers are being answered!

your cards are wonderful! I am so impressed with the quality of the crocheted flowers! amazing!

can't wait for the first of May. it will be such fun to get the fun images in our mailboxes!

have a great day, Holly!

The Brat said...

I am so happy you got to bring your fir baby home last night. I pray there will be minimal tissue damage!

Tell your niece her flower is pretty!

Joan said...

Glad Riley is improving!! I like both of your cards. That little dragon is sweet and the lacey one is so delicate!!!

Craftyanny said...

oh dear Holly your poor dog!! I've not been aroubnd for a few days so missed your orignal post. I'm so glad Riley is fine. What a terrible shock you must've got.
Am loving your cards too, Stef's little dragon is a real cutie and your crocheted flower on the other one is fab. I've tried to do these but they usually turn out a bit lopsided lol
Anne x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well holy moly! if that's not the cutest dragon ever!!!! lol! holly!!! this is stunning. i love it!

and those crochet flowers are gorgeous on your absolutely beautiful card!!! wow - you are on a roll!

i'm thrilled to hear riley is doing so much better! aren't prayers wonderful!!!!!

hugs :)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Riley is HOME! You don't know how happy that makes me Holly! So glad to see her doing so well. Keep posting updates please. Love your dragon card. It's just so darn cute! The Thank You is a beauty. Love the crocheted flower and the dusting of ink on the punched border.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am glad Riley is home!! Your dragon card is too cute!! I just love your coloring and the sentiments are awesome!! The second card is so elegant!! I just love everything about it!! That crocheted flower is beyond gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Melissa Craig said...

Both your cards are adorable! I love the dragon card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

PS - I hope the your dog continues to improve. Poor baby to encounter a snake!

acreativeneed said...

I'm so happy Riley is doing better! Your cards are wonderful! I really love the crochet flower; she could sell them, I just bought a handful of these on Etsy.
Smiles,Deena

Terri said...

I am so glad to hear she is doing better and you were able to bring her home. Nice job on the cards too!

MANDEE said...

I am so thankful that Riley is going good! Do they know what kind of snake bit her???

Jessica G. said...

Adorable dragon card and the sentiment is so perfect and definitely giggle-worthy!

Sorry about poor dog's run-in with the snake, but glad she's doing better!

Thanks for participating in this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and hope to see you again next week!
Jessica, TMSC DT

Angela said...

So sorry about your poor dog....

Love your dragon card! Great coloring and love the glitter! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!