Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's A Fiesta!

Hi all! I know I said I was going to post every other day instead of every day, but I just can't stay away! Actually, I made this card for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast stampers and I thought it turned out so cute that I couldn't wait to share it with you!



(click to enlarge)

It uses the new Shy Bear Lynne Stansbery drew called Fiesta Bear which I think is just about the cutest thing! I colored it with Copic markers and chalked a little bit of blue in the background. The word "Ole" was printed out with my computer. I used an outline font and then colored the letters in.

Copic colors used are R20 R24, B24, YR17,YR18,YR25, Y19, E31, E33, W00, W1

I don't have any plans for the weekend other than the usual grocery shopping, and I actually like having my weekend wide open! It's too warm for me to enjoy being outdoors except for early in the morning and at dusk, so I'll probably be inside making cards most of the day. I hope you have a wonderful day whatever your plans may be! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

I love this Holly - fab image and super colours too
Hugs
Victoria
x

LouAnne said...

Adorable bear on an adorable card.
Think how hot that little guy would get in Mexico!
Keep cool and enjoy your day, Holly.

msfreida said...

Oh, I can just hear the Mexican music going on in the background! What a fun card! This image would have been so perfect for Cinco De Mayo when I taught 1st grade because we really went overboard with decorations and activities! I love how you used him here...sooo full of energy with the colors and your layout ROCKS! FABULOUS, Holly! :)

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

You're still a Rock Star Holly LOL...such detail in this card! Your coloring is just beautiful, when I grow up I wanna be just like you LOL.....

Enjoy your day making cards, it's going to be a nice day to do just that!

Shawna said...

Oh, isn't he the cutest thing! Fabulous coloring Holly!Enjoy your weekend!

bumblebee creations said...

too warm out? Oh boy, it is cold here-spitting snow!!
I LLOOOOVVVVEEEE this cute cute card! Have to get me that stamp! I am going over there to SF now, gotta check info on the day in may!!!

Kim said...

Wonderful card Holly!! I love the rich colors!!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Can't say too much. WOW!!!!! I LOVE him. CUTE..... CUTE..... CUTE... ADORABLE!

Becky said...

OH MY Word...This is just to cute.. I just love this image and you colored him fabulously.

Aimeslee said...

Too cute, Holly! xoxo

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Love this!!! So cute and festive!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i could have sworn i commented on this! he's fabulous. that hat is fantastic and your colors are soooooo authentic! i love it!

Vicki said...

Holly this is absolutely sweet. Wow you really did a bang up job with your colors and I like the layout of your card. Holy Moly...too warm to be out already? Send a little of that my way kiddo. We were only at 60 today after a week of 80s and tonight they are calling for a hard frost. My weekend is going pretty good...got house cleaned today and hope to play a little tomorrow!

HUGS!
Vicki