Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mother's Day Bear


(CLICK HERE to order the One A Day in May)


Hi everyone! It's Saturday and a busy day for me! I have to get to the grocery store and get our groceries bought for the week so that I can start cooking some of the things ahead of time. I hate to not have a plan for the week and it's always so helpful to have some stuff done ahead of time.

It's supposed to be a stormy day today, and that will make me happy because it's a good excuse to stay inside and get my stuff done. Ashley is running a half marathon in Nashville today though, and I hate for it to rain on her. She said people don't come out and cheer them on if it's raining and she likes that motivation.

I've got a card today that uses another one of the images just released at Squigglefly. This one is from Robin Willis and is called Mother's Day Bear.


(click to enlarge)

I think the expression on the bear's face is just so sweet. It was a cinch to color and with the sentiment already on there it made for a quick card! I used the sketch in the CCEE Stampers Challenge Blog, and I mixed up some different patterned paper for the Splitcoast Stampers Ways To Use It challenge. The flowers on the patterned paper and the two little flowers I added to the top of the circle also qualify this for the Dare You To Digi Stamp challenge!

I colored with Copic marker colors Bow - RV13 and YR09, Bear - E11, E15, E53, and E55, Flowers - Y13 and Y15, Flower stems - YG25

I cut the image out with a nestabilities circle die and left in in the die so I could rub some chalk around the edge. The little scalloped edge is a piece of ribbon that I got from my dear friend Freida. I love the look of it!

As most of you know Rich Davis is one of the artists at Squigglefly. I just recently learned that he has a blog, and it's such a fun place to visit! He gives drawing lessons that are fun to try and he's even got a little give away for one of his drawings going on right now. It's a fun place to visit and I wanted to share it with ya'll - so if you have a little spare time go say hi to Rich!

I hope you have time to do a little playing in your craft room today. Remember I've got a challenge going on at Squigglefly's group on card universe and if you join in you could win a prize!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Holly,

I love this little bear. What a lovely M'Day card with the pretty papers and trim. As always, your coloring is superb.

Becky said...

This is the sweetest little face, love this card, full of color and down right adorable.

Jennifer Scull said...

your card turned out so pretty! have fun running errands while Ashley runs in her marathon. (I think I would rather run errands!). I sure hope she does well.
glad to know that Rich has his own blog. I will have to check it out.

enjoy your weekend! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How sweet Holly!! I just love the soft pastels, the darling image and your design!! Awesome coloring! So pretty! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Marlene said...

Adorable card! Love the colors and the softness of it.

I have a few friends running a half marathon in Nashville today, too!

Maria Matter said...

this is adorable!! I really like robin's circles!
love your design too Holly!
Blessings, Maria

Heather said...

super cute image. Love the pretty soft colors..

msfreida said...

I LOVE THIS! :) Robin's circles ROCK! The DPs you used are perfect for a Mother's Day card, and the ribbon looks fabulous the way you used it! :) This is SOOO PRETTY! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh how sweet! fabulous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet use of the CCEE sketch...thanks for playing

Chris said...

A sweet card and a cute image too. Love your colouring and design. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS, Chris :)