Friday, April 30, 2010

Packing My Trunk and Riley Update

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Surprise, surprise, Since the one a day starts this Saturday, Ashley decided to release this week's regular images early! They're upnow, so be sure to go take a look at what's new at Squigglefly!

I'm really glad to have this week over - it's been a rough one. But what a difference a few days and prayer makes! Look at this picture of Riley that I showed you earlier of the swelling under her chin



And that was after it had already gone down quite a bit! Now look at this that I took yesterday afternoon


Isn't that amazing? She's pretty back much to her old self! We just have to watch for signs of infection and tissue damage. I am so relieved and thankful that she is okay, and we all thank you for the prayers for her to be okay!
Here's one more picture of her sitting in her chair in our garage



Today is the day! What day am I talking about? It's the LAST day to get in on the One A Day in May! You don't want to miss your chance on this folks!

Today's card is a paper pieced one I did with an image recently added to Squigglefly called Trunk Picked. I love this image because it's so versatile! It could be used for a thank you, a baby card, or even a birthday (you know elephants never forget birthdays!) I really like the stitching around the image.


(click to enlarge)

There's not a lot of coloring on this one. I just paper pieced the elephant and colored in his cheek. The flower was colored and that's it! The background was embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder.

I haven't decided yet what kind of card I will make this one, but I'll put something on the inside when I do.

I wish all of you happiness in your day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

msfreida said...

Oh shoot! I thought when I read your title you were packing your trunk to go someplace! LOL you're such a tease!

Yay Ms Riley...what a trooper you are! It's so good to see you back to your ole self....well almost! You are definitely one lucky lady! :) :) :)

Well Holly, you surely have a cute trunk! Teehee! What an adorable card! I love your paper piecing...ummm super easy image to piece! Your embossing adds that extra texture and the the ribbon, a touch of softness. Adorable! :)

Kudos to the artists for all these new fabulous images! YOU ROCK! :)

hugs

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is darling! i just love the paper piecing! fabulous! and riley looks super!!!

Vicki said...

Oh Holly I am so so glad to hear and SEE that Riley is doing better! What a blessing...prayers are powerful! She looks like a queen sitting in her chair! I love your card today too! Clean and simple...the paper piecing really addes that special touch to it...and the colors are awesome Holly....hope you have a great start to your weekend!

HUGS,
Vicki

Shawna said...

Riley looks super chipper and ready to get back to wire hair business. Such a relief for you I am sure! Your card is so cute. I love the paper piecing!!

Marlene said...

The card is adorable, and paper piecing it was PERFECT!!

So glad to hear your pup is doing better. She's a beautiful dog.

Becky said...

Riley looks so comfortable in her chair- I am glad she is doing so much better.
Darling card, great paper piecing on this. Have a great weekend

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! Oh I am so happy Riley is better ! She looks so comfy on her chair ! What a darling ! I love your card and the pricking looks fab ! How did you do it ? Hugs and smiles from Catherine

The Brat said...

Riley is so cute! The card is too. I am so happy with her outcome!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly, Riley looks terrific! She looks so happy too!

You heffalump is too cute! Love that polka dot paper piecing too!

Linda L said...

Oh Riley looks great. I am so happy she is better. I love you card too.

Patricia St Martin said...

I so happy Riley is looking great.

Wanda M. said...

Oh, I'm PTL today for this praise item. I'm so relieved that Riley is OK - she's such a special one - and looks as if she knows it as she's sitting there for her picture. TF the update on Riley. TFS with us all your projects too.

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW, I'm so glad that Riley is better!!!!! ROTTEN SNAKES!!!! This card is ADORABLE and is perfect for paper piecing!!! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!

Maria Matter said...

awww, I'm so glad Riley is doing so well! She's a beauty!

adorable card, btw!
Blessings!