Monday, April 26, 2010

Please Say Prayers For Riley

Hello everyone. I'm asking you all to please say prayers for Riley. We took her to the creek tonight to do a bit of fishing and on our way back she walked down to the bank for one last look and then came back up and just stood there. I could tell something was wrong with her. We didn't see anything wrong, but she wouldn't let us get near her face and one eye was squinty. We took her to the emergency vet and they had to sedate her to be able to get a look at what was going on.
In the end he determined that there was a puncture wound on her head and it was bleeding and had caused bruising to the back of her eye. He said he thinks it was a snake bite. She is now left there getting anti-venom, antibiotics, and pain meds. We will pick her up in the morning and take her to her regular vet.
I am only hoping that since that was only one puncture mark and not much swelling that there wasn't a lot of poison. Please pray for her! I will keep you posted.

20 comments:

Michelle Joy Wecksler said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Riley - I hope and pray that she will be okay.

acreativeneed said...

Oh goodness I do hope Riley will be alright!! It's good that you noticed so quickly something was wrong; I'm sure the vet will take good care of her.

Terri said...

I hope he will be alright. Glad you got her to the vet so quickly. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Marlene said...

Oh no....I hope your pet recovers quickly.

Nora said...

Sounds like water moccasins are out for mating season (it's rattlesnakes here). Will say a prayer that there's not a lot of poison & Riley recovers quickly. Also a prayer of peace for you, my friend!
♥BIG HUGS♥

Dorothy T in FL said...

I'll say a prayer for good health for Riley and one for you for strength.

Shawna said...

O God, Holly! I can imagine how scared you must be! You know I will be praying for her. Hang in there; the Lord will take care of her!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Oh Holly I am crying. Poor Sweet Riley. I pray she'll be ok. Honey you be strong and take good care of yourself and Riley when she comes home. Much Love from Betty & Seamus.

The Brat said...

Oh! Poor Riley! I am praying now and will later. For you and your DH too Holly. How hard to see your fur baby hurt that way!

Glad you were there to rescue her!

Becky said...

Holly I am so sorry for Riley, I can not believe she got bitten, poor little baby. I will pray for her, I cry over stuff like this :).

craftykitten said...

Oh Holly,
You poor thing and poor Riley!! What an awful thing to have happened. Keeping everything crossed that Riley is ok - it sounds like you noticed it real quick so stay positive. I will be thinking of you all, do please keep us posted.
Huge hugs
Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

SO sorry to hear that! I hope Riley gets a clean bill of health soon. Poor thing :o(

Linda L said...

Oh poor Riley! I'm sending up a prayer.
Hugs,
Linda

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

Sorry to hear about Riley....I pray she'll be ok soon!

Pam in Ar. said...

Please keep us posted Holly...

Kristie said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Riley, sending up prayers that she will be okay. Big hugs!

Catherine said...

Dear Sweetie, you and Riley are in my prayers. I will think of you both a lot... Take care Holly and keep us informed... Big big hug to Riley and to you too ! Catherine

Heather the MooseLover said...

Oh Holly- poor Riley. Of course I'll say a prayer for the poor thing. Big hugs to you.

Stampin Shari said...

so sorry to hear about her!! Good thing you caught it right away, hope all is well!!!

LaVerne said...

Oh, poor baby! I am sending prayers.