Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Daffodils

Good morning and happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had an enjoyable Easter yesterday. We had a beautiful day here - perfect weather for the Easter sunrise service and Easter egg hunts!

Yesterday was the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. You know I love to participate in that challenge whenever I can! There was a great gallery picked yesterday, and I will probably be getting a lot of inspiration from it for a while! You can see the card I chose to CASE here


And here is my card



(click to enlarge)



I used the Spring Daffodils image that Lynne Stansbery drew for Squigglefly, and the sentiment is from a set of sentiments called Fancy Sentiments by Nina Brackett. They will be available on Saturday the 10th of April.

I colored the flowers with Copic markers and added a bit of stickles the center of the one flower. The background is chalked as are the swiss dots embossed panel and the sentiment.

Well I hope your day is one of the best Monday's on record! Go out and try to make someone smile today! See you on Wednesday!

19 comments:

Catherine said...

What a beautiful card Holly ! Love the image, so reallistic and the sentiment is lovely ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Kristie said...

I saw the gallery being featured and went EEEEKKK! I LOVE her cards. You did a fantastic job casing one, and you know I love Lynn's flower images!

msfreida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msfreida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawna said...

Beautiful card! Love your two-toned daffy and, as always, your coloring is perfect.

Deanna C said...

Holly, your card is so beautiful. I am so in love with the two-toned daffodils! There is one thing I wish you would do on your posts and that is to put the card recipe at the end. You know, the cardstock, stamps (digital or otherwise), inks and tools. That would be so very helpful. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. I am a regular admirer of your work.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love this sooo Springy card! It just makes me smile.

Elaine Allen

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

beautiful... something for you on my blog. Click HERE.

Becky said...

And Happy Spring to you!!! I am loving the blue skies and sunshine.
This is a fabulous card, love the flowers and the design of this.

Kim said...

This is so pretty Holly! I also love the flock idea on your other post!!!!

Linda L said...

Beautiful card Holly. My favorite kind of daffodils.
I am having a celebration at my blog and I would love to have you join in if you have the time.
Hugs
Linda

msfreida said...

Well dang! This computer is going crazy...or maybe it's the one in front of it! I came back to recheck my earlier comment because I commented on another blog and it had posted twice. Well when I saw that it posted here 3 times, I deleted 2. Well now I'm gone completely...(I know what you're thinking!;) Shoot! I'm going to bed and I will see you Wed!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card Holly! You always do such a good job :) Hope you had a Happy Easter!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holly! this is just gorgeous! your shading is awesome!

bumblebee creations said...

I miss your daily posts Holly!!! Love your flowery card-and cant' wait to see the images this week!

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Holly, so pretty.
Hugs Emma x

Maria Matter said...

another flowery beauty!!! love the touch of black!!!
Blessings, Maria

Debby said...

Oh my goodness. Pretty!

Heather said...

Beautiful.. Love how it's off the side..