Friday, April 9, 2010

Sunflower Easel

Good morning and happy Friday to you all! I just love how today's card has turned out, and can't wait to show it to you.




(click to enlarge)

I used the big sunflower from the Shy Bear Butterfly Catchers drawn by Lynne Stansbery and paired it up with the beautiful calligraphy Friends Are Flowers that Roann Mathias did. I love this saying, and Roann's calligraphy is so pretty! It lends an elegance to it don't you think? Both are available now at Squigglefly.

I printed the sunflower image twice and cut out one leaf and several of the petals to pop up for dimension. The sky is chalked, and the flower was colored with the following Copic colors


YG21,23,25,17 - for the grass and leaves
Y13, 17, 19 - for the flower petals
E15, 19 - for the flower center

I matted it in black and then created an easel card to display it. This qualifies it for the Totally Stampalicious challenge too! The inside sentiment is a clear Wordsworth stamp, and I punched some little flowers and colored their centers with a brown marker. The border punch is from Martha Stewart and is mainly there to hold the card open.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another Squigglefly image release, and it should be awesome since the mini release didn't happen last week due to technical difficulties. I have my fingers crossed that Ashley will be able to get this week's release out without any problems - so cross yours too! In the meantime, enjoy the sneak peeks from the design team!


I hope you have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Lynnor Goodwin said...

So pretty!! This is a great reminder for me to plant those flower seeds I bought a month or so ago! Beautiful coloring on a lovely sunflower image!!

Jeanette said...

Holly, these flower cards are beautiful. The coloring is wonderful as always but I love how you colored the tulips.

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a gorgeous card ! Love the sentiments and your colouring is fantastic ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

WOW...this is FABULOUS! Yep, 2 more images to add to my list! What a GORGEOUS sunflower (your coloring is phenomenal!), and Roann did such a BEAUTIFUL job on this quote! Your stamp goes so well with it...looks like they were made for each other! I haven't tried an easel card yet, but seeing this one is very enticing! :)

Sooo glad it's Friday...hope yours is fantastic! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is gorgeous! wow!

Becky said...

Holly this is gorgeous. Beautiful job on this flower.
p.s. I have an award for you IF you want to pick it up :).

Linda L said...

Wow this is wounderful!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Holly! amazing coloring!!!!

Joan said...

Awesome card!!! I love that sunflower and that script is wonderful!!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, just love your card!! Would never of thought of doing that woth the Shy Bear image love the sunflower and putting the saying with it makes it a beautiful card. I sure wish I could figure out that elements 7, I got it and can not figure it out. Have spent hours on it. Drives me crazy.

Maria Matter said...

oh Holly, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE it!!!!

have a fabby weekend!!
Blessings, Maria

Debby said...

Oh goodness Holly this is gorgeous and amazing. Love sunflowers!

Roann Mathias said...

Holly, thanks for using my calligraphy! It has been so much fun designing these phrases for Squigglefly. Beautiful card!