Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Way To Go Grad!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the prayers for my friend's daughter's surgery yesterday. She came through it fine and amazing as it sounds, she went home about four hours after the surgery! She has about a month of recovery time.

As you know school is almost out and there will be lots of kids having their graduation - be it from pre-school, high school, or college. I do not personally know anyone graduating from school this year - so if anyone reading this blog likes this card and could use it - just send me an e mail at usyungs@gmail.com and let me know. First person who asks will get it! edited to add - the card is spoken for! Thanks!



(click to enlarge)

The image I used is of course from Squigglefly and is the darling little Grad Shy Bear drawn by Lynne Stansbery. I colored it in my high school's colors - blue and gold. The Copic colors used are b-24, b-29, r-11, E-31, E-33, Y-35, Y-38, Y-13, Y-17, Y-19, N-0 and N-1.

I made a little tassel out of embroidery floss and threaded it though the card stock and then stuck the tassel part over the tassel in the image. The black card stock is embossed with the Textile embossing folder from Provo Craft. The sentiment was printed out on my computer.

I really hope someone out there can use this, because it's too cute to just sit here being unused!

Tomorrow the Squigglefly design team and I have something fun planned. We've all picked out a favorite older image from Squigglefly to showcase. We're calling it Squigglefly Rewinds so be sure to come by tomorrow and take fresh look at some of the older images!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a gorgeous card : I love the little tassel - such a great idea - and your colouring of the bow is stunning ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Dawn B. said...

I am so glad she came out okay.. It just amazes me how fast they release you from the hospital.. Hopefully she will get some relief now..

Your card is adorable.. love that tassel...I don't think I have any graduations this year..

msfreida said...

Oh I am SOOO glad you chose this image today because I have to make about 20 graduation cards and now I have the perfect one to CASE! I LOVE how you used this adorable cutie...perfect colors for us too! The tassel and the embossed background really completes the look! GORGEOUS card, Holly! :)

Thank God the surgery went well! I pray for a speedy recovery.

Enjoy this gorgeous day!
Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is stunning!!!! your ribbon looks so real!

Becky said...

What a fabulous card, love the embossed background and that tassel is so realistic.

Joan said...

What a wonderful card! You've done a fantastic job colouring - I agree with Becky above - everything is so realistic.

Heather said...

Beautiful job.. Love how the ribbon hangs off..and the tassel..

Vicki said...

Beautiful Holly! That tassel is really awesome...great thinking on that one! Love the embossing too...as you know I am an embossing freak!

HUGS!

Vicki

Debby said...

Lynne sure makes it easy for me. I have no problem coloring her images they are all fantastic. Wonderful card. The tassle is genius.

Pam in Ar. said...

Now this card is simply adorable! My grandson is graduating from pre-school and this is the kind of card he would like for me to give him...I think I'm going to have to investigate this one. Thanks for sharing Holly :)