Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Banner Birthday

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend. Mine has been pretty easy, but I haven't gotten very much stuff done! Just feeling kind of lazy. I do have a card to show you today that I made yesterday.

I love images that fill up a whole card front, and this one from Rich Davis called Whimsy Birds is especially fun because there is so much going on in it!


(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the whole background. The banner at the top comes blank so you can add in any sentiment you want. I hand printed my "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

The image panel is framed with some purple, and then blue card stock and I embossed the card base with a birds embossing folder.

I'm off to check out who the featured stamper is this week and maybe not be so lazy today! I hope you enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a stunning card ! Your colouring is perfect and I love the embossed background, it looks great ! Have a lovely day ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous colors! What a fun bright cheery card! Your coloring is just amazing!

msfreida said...

Oh how tweet!...sorry...just too early for that! :) I'm such a bird junkie, so this image is right up my alley! I love how Rich drew such a variety of birds too! This image was made for your coloring, and the hint of purple mat really makes it pop! This looks FABULOUS! :)

Well I will warn ya now, tomorrow's comment will be soggy for sure! It's Carson's last day of school and I'm sooo not ready for it! The tears start just thinking about it! :(

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

I'm listening to the birds chirp outside my window right now!! Such a peaceful sound :) Love the card and as always, your coloring is fantastic!!! Happy Sunday :)

Linda L said...

Wow this is wonderful. I love all the colors. What a great image. Now if that was a stamp I couldn't do it. I mess up big background stamps every time. I have been unmounting my wood stamps and said I don't need any more but this isn't is a stamp that doesn't take any room. Hee Hee

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly, I love that bird image!! It's beautiful and you did a fab-o job with it!

Hey we are holding a blog hop on CowGirlUpStamps why don't you come along and play? http://cowgirlssundaystampenchallenge.blogspot.com/

Give aways and a chance to win a GDT spot for June!!!

Hope you'll play and tell all your friends.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh is this ever fabulous! i've got that image and could never do it as beautiful as you did! this is absolutely gorgeous! it's so colorful and just so happy! i love it!

Becky said...

What an awesome image, I love this type of art..And you colored it so well, some one will be happy when they receive this.

Joan said...

Awesome card - These birds are so funky!!!

Kim said...

Your card is so pretty! Love all your colors!
I am trying to work outside between coughing and sneezing!!!!! LOL!

Patricia St Martin said...

All kinds of colors. Just love it.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi holly! :) I love how colorful this is and always a fabulous job with your copics my friend. :)

Maria Matter said...

this is really beautiful Holly! what a great image!!!
Blessings!