Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bearly Made It Through The School Year

Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. We were up late on Friday night having a family game night so yesterday morning I slept in and was rather lazy most of the day. I didn't get into my craft room until late afternoon, so the card I made then waited until today.

With the end of school in sight I thought some of you might be making thank you cards for the teachers in your kids lives. So it was with this in mind that I made this card using the Teacher Shy Bear image from Squigglefly.

I followed the sketch on the Card Patterns Challenge Blog and colored with Copic markers. The desk is chalked.



(click to enlarge)

I wrote the math problems on the chalk board with a white gel pen. I was thinking it would be funny to say something on the inside like "I bearly would have passed without your help!"

The paper is all from Stampin' Up! and the faux brads are just circle punches from the green cardstock glued on to two layers of circles I punched from a cereal box.
Since I don't have any kids and therefore no teachers to thank, if any of you would like to have this card just let me know. First one to ask gets it!

Have you been to Squigglefly and seen all the new images? Some adorable new Shy Bears are there as well as some more cute new ones. I love the embarrassed bird that Jackie Mathews drew! If you haven't checked them out, you should! Plus all Father's Day images are on sale now too!

I'm going to do a little shopping this afternoon with Chesney and then I hope to get some more cards made so I won't have another no post day this week! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i almost forget what teachers are as it's been so long! yikes! but this is adorable! and your math on it is the perfect touch!!!

fabulous card!

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a fab card ! This shy bear is really cute and I love the class rules as well as the math problem you have added. Such a great idea ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

Very cute Holly! I love how you added stuff to the chalk board, and I especially like your punny sentiment. Hugs to you and Riley!!! Charlie says hi.

Becky said...

Good morning..This is just adorable Holly, love how you added on the chalkboard, very creative of you.

dstandard said...

What a fabulous card - am going to have to go order this! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

dstandard said...

FAbulous card - Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps said...

What an adorable card!

bumblebee creations said...

love how you addded the math with the gel pen!! I am getting addicted to those gel pens!!!! seem to have been putting them on everything lately!

Maria Matter said...

fun class rules...similar to ours! lol
Very cute card Holly!
Hope your wknd was a great one!
blessings!

Marlene said...

Oh My GOSH....that is soooo cute!!! Will have to check out these "shy bears".

Michelle said...

Hi Holly, What an adorable cards. It is fabulous. Thanks for the link to the sketch challenge blog.
Sending you a hug and a smile

msfreida said...

Now this takes the cake! :) Such an ADORABLE image...love the chalkboard too! How clever! This is a fabulous color combo...never would have come up with this one! And what a smart idea for the brads!!! You're just full of tricks, my dear! :) Precious card! :)

Hugs~

whoistracy said...

Oh how absolutely adorable!!! What a sweet sweet card.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Ohmygosh, SO CUTE!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

I love the green and brown combo and that image is just too adorable!