Friday, May 7, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

Happy Friday everyone! There's nothing like waiting until the last minute to participate in a challenge, but that's what I did this week! Kim challenged everyone on the Squigglefly challenge blog to make a bookmark. I knew immediately which image I wanted to use, but I just didn't find time until last night to make mine!


(click to enlarge)

I used the Avid Reader image from Squigglefly and colored it with Copic markers. I used a little chalk in the background and then matted it with a piece of brown card stock.

I printed out a back for the bookmark so it could be personalized



and sandwiched a loop of ribbon between.

A friend of mine lost her mother recently and I wanted to make her a card. This is what I came up with


(click to enlarge)

The image is Roses by Angie Davis. It's colored with Copic markers and then lightly chalked with yellow around the image. The sentiment is from Unity. Very simple card, but I tend to keep Sympathy cards simple.

Did you see today's One A Day In May image? It's so Doggone Cute! I'm working on a card now with the Rose Fairy from yesterday that I hope to have ready to show you tomorrow! The One A Days are so much fun - every day a new image to inspire and play with!

Squigglefly will not be having a release this week. They are gearing up for an extra big release next weekend - May 15th. They will be introducing a brand new artist to Squigglefly; Michelle Bertuzzi! Keep an eye on the design teams blogs this next week for sneak peeks on Michelle's images as well as wonderful new ones from Jackie Mathews, Nina Brackett, and Rich Davis!

And how would you like to have 30% off on your purchases at Squigglefly? All you have to do is follow their blog and tell all of your friends to become a follower. As soon as they reach 300 followers they will give everyone a code to get a whopping 30% off! Go check it out here!

Well, have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

KmoRakefet said...

Ho what a great stamp. Lovely work :-)

msfreida said...

Good morning! :) What a precious image for a bookmark! How I wish Squigglefly had been in existence when I was teaching! Those babies would have loved to have had this image to color and make their own! What you did to the back is such a great idea! You just think of everything! ;)
The card for your friend is beautiful! Bless her heart! I hope God keeps her in His arms this upcoming weekend...it's such a hard day to celebrate for those of us who no longer have our mothers. I know she will appreciate your thoughtfulness. The colors you used are so soft on this delicate image and I love the simplicity. Such a perfect card for this occasion.

Hugs~

Shawna said...

The bookmark is so cute! Anyone who loves to read would LOVE to have that to keep their place. I love the sympathy card. Very simple and lovely, just what a sympathy card should be. Please let us know how your sister is doing after her surgery.

Marlene said...

Love the bookmark - and the card is beautiful.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fabulous bookmark! and your card is stunning! i think your shading is just awesome too!

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! What a great bookmark ! I love making them, they are so useful and make lovely little presents with a book... Your card is beautiful too and elegant, just the right thing for a sympathy card... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

love the avid reader image. she's just too darn cute! and your coloring is perfect. the card is stunning. love simple, too much clutter is too much clutter. :O)

I am a clutter hog. I tend to over do. TFS

Becky said...

This is a great image for a book mark, she is so darling. love the praying for you, very pretty.

MANDEE said...

I LOVE the idea of the "belongs too" that is a great idea, especially for grade school kids! I really admire your work and look for you for inspiration :)

Linda L said...

Hi Holly! I was looking at the same image last night to make a book marker. Yours is beautiful! I love it!

Dawn Frost said...

I love your bookmark, you're right what a perfect image to use!

Maria Matter said...

perfect image for your bookmark Holly and your sympathy card is lovely!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Cuuute bookmark! Perfect image for it!