Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Bevy Of Butterflies

Actually, I wasn't sure what you call a group of butterflies, so I looked it up here. I was given two choices - rabble of butterflies or swarm of butterflies. Rabble just sounds odd, and swarm made me think of bees so I went with bevy which just means an over abundance of something.

Anyway, you may remember the other day when I made this butterfly, I had printed out a whole sheet of butterflies. I decided it was time to do something with them, so I made a bunch of birthday cards since I am always in need of birthday cards.

All of the cards use swirls from an Autumn Leaves clear stamp set, the Birthday wishes from Stampin' Up's Sincere Salutations set, and the butterfly from Nina Brackett's Fancy Flowers set at Squigglefly.

I sponged on inks and just had a blast! Here they all are (click on each picture to enlarge)












This one I rubbed on some iridescent pearl ex to make the background sparkle. You can see the shimmer in this picture better.



The day was just gorgeous here yesterday! Very windy which I love because it blows the bugs away, and it was much cooler than it has been the last few days. Ashley sent me a beautiful flower arrangement that came in a cute little re-usable bag.
Chesney and her finance came over to eat dinner with us and she brought a beautiful vase of flowers and she had taken my Copic certification certificate and framed it, which I thought was so sweet. I hadn't even noticed she had taken it off of my desk!
Here are pictures of my flowers




I hope you all have a wonderful mother's day! Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! You lucky girl, you have been spoilt ! You deserve it anyway ! Your cards are so so pretty and elegant. The butterflies look stunning and I do love the background you have created, just gorgeous ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Nana Bev said...

Love your butterfly collection! Beautiful. Happy Mother's Day...

msfreida said...

Awww, those girls are something else! Your flowers are GORGEOUS and check out that frame...sooo thoughtful! :) YOU ROCK LADIES!

Holly, your butterflies are sooo STUNNING...how FABULOUS they look on these cards! Nina did such an AWESOME job! They are sure to bring a smile to whoever receives one! :)

I hope you, and all our friends here, have a wonderful Mother's Day! :) How blessed we are!

Hugs~

Shawna said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS cards Holly. And I love the irridescence you added. Very elegant birthday wishes. Oh, and Happy Mother's Day! Glad the day's weather is just how you like it! Enjoy!

Becky said...

All of these butterflies are gorgeous!!! Love these beautiful flowers. Happy Mother's Day :)

Linda L said...

These are so beautiful! Happy Mother's Day to you. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Linda

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Well, bevy it is! Holly they are all gorgeous! I love the green ones. But they are all perfection in every way! Happy Mother's Day doll and give Riley a kiss from me. Have a Blessed day.

Kim said...

I LOVE your butterflys!!!!!!! Wonderful cards Holly and beautiful flowers!
Happy Mother's day to you!!!!!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

beautiful cards...they are great! and what a sweet gift you received! Happy Mothers Day

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Love your cards, gorgeous butterflies! I hope the rest of your Mother's Day continues to be wonderful. Have a great Day!

Elaine Allen

P.S. Hugs to Ms. Riley

Heather said...

Beautiful butterflies.. Love the sparkle.. Happy Mother's day...

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

a very happy mother's day to you!

absolutely gorgeous cards! each & every one of them!!! gorgeous!

what a great idea to frame your cert! and beautiful flowers!

hope your day is splendid!

hugs :)

acreativeneed said...

Such gorgeous butterfly cards!! Love all the colors, but I think the green is my favourite! What a lovely surprise too to have your certificate framed like that!
smiles,Deena

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! Holly, turned out BEAUTIFUL.

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love the butterflies!

Very sweet of your daughter to have your certificate framed.

Maria Matter said...

so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day Holly!
beautiful flowers!!!


Your cards are GORGEOUS!!! I love seeing all the springtime colors!!
Hugs & Blessings!