Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Bib For A Tea Party!

Hi everyone! Happy hump day! Today I'm going to Mothermark's tea party, and this week we're all going to the bat cave to visit Batman! See Batman is in a bit of a pickle. He's got his aunt staying with him and a friend of hers is coming to check on things to make sure Batman is taking good care of her. So, we're all coming to help spruce up the cave a bit! I've brought a wonderful little helper with me; Rose Fairy! She's full of magic fairy dust that she can sprinkle around the cave. Everywhere her magic dust falls becomes a glittery piece of beauty and smells like roses! In true Batman fashion, we're supposed to come up with a new fight sound word - and everytime miss fairy shakes her magic fairy dust out it sounds like "BULUMP!" so that's my word! LOL!


(click to enlarge)

She's colored with Copic markers and glitter is on her wings. I used a special piece of glittered vellum on the background. It's some I bought at Archivers when I went there with Freida back in December and I've been hoarding it ever since!
The frame around the oval is made with two nestabilites. I used a little pink crocheted flower that my niece made on the bottom and topped it with one of the pearly rain dot thingies my friend Stef sent me.

Wouldn't you love to have a magic fairy come to your house to leave her magic fairy dust around your place? Well, this is card give away day so if you'd like a chance to have her come to your house, just leave a comment and tomorrow around noon Random.org will pick a winner!

Now, you know at the tea party things can get a little messy so I made something Batman's aunt can wear to protect her clothing - a bib! Well, okay I didn't actually make the bib, but I decorated it with iron ons!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this cute? I printed the Snappy Dresser image onto some iron on sheets you feed through your printer. I printed the sentiment out at the same time. Then I colored the crab, cut everything out and ironed it on! I have to say that I think it would have turned out a little better if I had been able to find the regular iron on transfer sheets at the store, but all they had was the kind for dark clothing. With these kind the white background stays visible. But, I still think it's cute! I want to do the Good With Grandma image on a onsie - don't you think that would be cute? I can see more bibs too - maybe this angel with the words "Mama's little angel" on it. So many ideas and so little time!

I hope you have a great day today, and thanks for looking! Don't forget to comment to win the card!

16 comments:

msfreida said...

Well all I can say is Batman is going to flip out when he sees this beauty! She's gorgeous! I had forgotten all about that vellum...dang it looks awesome here! I surely hope I picked some of this up too...great excuse to go back if I didn't! I love how you did her wings, and ohhh that frame...GORGEOUS! All your embellies make the perfect combo for this beauty!

The bib is sooo adorable! Hmmm...has Ashley forgotten to tell us something??? Sorry Ash, I can wish can't I? This is such an awesome idea (the bib, Ash!)! I never would have thought about making iron-ons with the images! It would be so easy to do and I love your idea with "Good with Grandma"! Wouldn't that look adorable? Boy Holly, I bet you have everyone's wheels turning this morning! :) Teehee

Hugs~

Shawna said...

WOW Holly --- that's one gorgeous fairy! I love her sparkly wings. This card is absolutely stunning. And that little bib is just too cute. I had no idea you could buy transfer sheets for running through a computer. This is so adorable, I am gonna have to give it a try.

Becky said...

That is one beautiful fairy, love how you did her wings. I just love this bib..

Niki said...

Great card, love the wings. I'll have to check out Archivers for that vellum.

The bibs are very creative. I am constantly amazed at all the new and different ways to use stamps and ink. Wonderful gift, thanks for sharing.

Niki

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! Oh I do love that little fairy, you did such an amazing job with her wings ! And the bib is really cool ! Just fab ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Marlene said...

Your card is absolutely SEXY GORGEOUS!!!

The bib is too cute! :)

The Brat said...

That bib is just so cute. With that attitude Batman and Robin would be scrambling all over to feed the kid and make him happy to keep world peace!

Very pretty fairy too. I love all the sparkle.

Dawn Frost said...

Wow she's gorgeous! I love how you framed her and the glitter background rocks!

Wehaf said...

Both the card and the bib are so nicely done!

urchiken at gmail dot com

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i think every woman would like to take care of batman - lol! this card is fabulous! i just love that frame behind her. i must get that nestie - for sure!

and that bib????? almost makes me wish jade was still an infant. i LOVE it!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love the fairy, you been working with all kinds of glitter latly. She turned out just beautiful.

your bibs are darling. I just love then. When Emma was little I did the same thing. I made one that said Grandma little cup cake.

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous card Holly!!! and that bib is just too cute!!
hugs,
Rachel

Dawn B. said...

I can see why you have been hoarding that paper.. It is so pretty.. I like your teapot word.. Interesting.. Great job.. The crocheted flower is perfect.. TFS

bumblebee creations said...

How fun is this?!!! FUN!!! Love it Holly! And that bib--AWHHHHHH...

Maria Matter said...

sounds like your having fun at the tea parties!!

gorgeous fairy card and adorable bib!!! You're so darn creative Holly, such an inspiration!!!

oh and I DO have fairy dust all over my house! Sure it looks like regular dust but you should see it once I throw glitter on it! ha ha
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings!

Lisa Summerhays said...

What a fun idea. I'm going to have to try an iron on.