Friday, May 28, 2010

A BIG thanks

Hi everyone! I'm excited to be able to show you a sneak peek of one of the images that will be released at Squigglefly tomorrow. Not only is it a new image, but it's from a new artist to Squigglefly! His name is Mark Hicks, and I love his artwork because he has a great sense of humor that comes through in his images. I'm sure that as you will love his artwork as well.

Be sure to look at the design team's blogs to see more sneak peeks! Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

Is this not a great thank you card image? I think it really gets the point across in a fun way! I colored it with Copic markers and chalked the sky and grass and then I covered each letter with a Quickie glue pen and sprinkled on some glitter. A fast card to make with a lot of WOW!

I'll also give you a little tip - if you crop just the clouds from this image, you will have a terrific cloud template to cut out clouds for your other cards - you can make them as big and as little as you want!

I'm heading over to a friend's house after work today for some stamping play time. We haven't gotten together in a while and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also really glad to have a three day weekend to look forward to!

Today is the last chance you have to leave a comment on THIS POST and have a chance to win the July issue of Scrap and Stamp Arts magazine. I will have random.org pick a winner a little later this afternoon.

Wishing you all an absolutely fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

Oooh quickie glue pens, I've forgotten about them, and the idea for the clouds is good an all. One good idea after another from you, as always.

Thanks for the visit the other day, hope you enjoy your visiting this afternoon. It is nice to have a real live buddy to play hobby with sometime. Enjoy!

Janetlynne said...

Love it. can't wait to see more

Catherine said...

I love your card Holly ! The design is really great and I do love the glitter you have put on top of the letters. What a fab idea ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Wezz said...

Love the card, Holly! you did a great job at the coloring. :-))

Hugs,
Wezz

Chesney said...

Woo! That one photographed well! I love the way the glitter came out, and great color choice on the letters.

Shawna said...

OH, a lot of glittery goodness! Love it!!!!

msfreida said...

What fun plans you have for the afternoon! It's so awesome to have someone close to play with...lucky her to get to see you in action! teehee :)

I am LOVIN' this image and how you used it! Boy that glitter really makes it pop! Your tip for the clouds ROCKS! I just love how your mind works! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that is one awesome thanks!!! and you make it soooooooooo pretty too!

have a fabulous weekend!

LorraineB said...

What a great card you made! Simple, pretty, fast. What's better than that?! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Mark's cards.

Kim said...

I love this image!!!!! Great card Holly! Looks like I will be shopping again tomorrow! LOL!

Margaret xx said...

Love it! It's great to see a Thank You card which isn't flowery or feminine
Well done Mark

Marlene said...

Oh I love glitter!!!

Nora said...

That is so cute & FUN. Great tip about the clouds, too, Miss Holly.
Have a fantastic weekend!
♥hugs♥

Heather the MooseLover said...

I LOVE that image! I love the big letters to color or doodle or paper piece. I love your idea of the glitter. Simple but nice.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

congrats Becky! And cute card Holly!