Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday Cheer

Hello everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend! Ours was pretty nice once the storms ended. We got Riley back out to the walking trail where she got bit by the snake. We didn't want her to be afraid to go back out there; you know the old "get back on the horse" theory. This time though, we didn't go to the water; we stuck to the paved trail!

When we got there she was ready to go just like always! She did try to pull us near the water a time or two, but didn't put up too much of a fuss when we pulled her back. The only time she did pull and insist on going was when we got to THE spot! Brock said she was wanting to go seek revenge, but I think she wanted to go see if she could figure out what the heck got her!

Yesterday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers, and I found THIS cute card to CASE. And here is my card


(click to enlarge)

the image is just one of THREE adorable cheerleaders in the set Just Cheer that Jackie Mathews has drawn. The set also has some megaphones and goal flags so you can create a little scene if you want! I colored her with Copic markers and then used a Quickie glue pen to go over the pom poms and added some glitter to them. I dotted a little white gel pen in her eyes.

I die cut it out with a Nestabilites circle and chalked a little around the edge while it was still in the die. I cut two different colors of card stock with the scalloped circle Nestabilites to frame the image.

The paper is from Stampin' Up! and it says "happy" all over it in different colors. The sentiment at the bottom is computer generated, and I embossed a piece of light blue card stock with swiss dots embossing folder and then used a scalloped border punch from EK Success on the bottom.


Don't forget to check out Squigglefly's blog today to find out what the challenge is, and there's still time to enter my challenge going on at Squigglefly's group at card universe! Both challenges have prizes, but you have to play to win!

Many of you asked me how I did the balloons in the card HERE, I decided to make a video showing you how to do it. If you have trouble seeing the video from my blog, you can see it directly on You Tube by going HERE



Thanks for visiting me today, and have a great day!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! It's so lovely to know Riley is back to normal ! I imagine you keep even more an eye on her now ! I do love your card, the colours are so pretty and this little cheerleader is so cute ! Love the glitter on the pompoms ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

KmoRakefet said...

Thank you for this video it's Amazing. did you use Neenah paper here ?

Thanks :-)

msfreida said...

It's so good to hear Riley is improving so quickly! :) I wonder what she REALLY had on her mind when she wanted to go back to that spot...she is a girl ya know! :)

This card really gets the week off to a "cheery" start...sorry couldn't resist! She is adorable and those pom poms ROCK! Love the background paper too! Too cute!

Thanks for the FABULOUS video! I kinda thought that was how you did it, but it was so much fun watching you color in action! :)

I hope you have a fantastic week...ahhh, the sun is shining! :)

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

I like your card much better :) Thanks for the tutorial...one day, I'm gonna get back in it!

Shawna said...

What a cute card! What little girl wouldn't LOVE receiving this!

Kim said...

Wonderful card Holly! great tutorial! I just wish copics would come down in price here in Canada!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

What a wonderful tutorial! You certainly did learn a LOT in that course and seems you keep learning and teaching us. Love the transparent balloons. Some times we want things a little cartoonish. Other times we want them to look realistic. You got the realistic balloons down to an art. TFS

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

by the way. happy to hear Riley has improved so drastically! YAY!

love the cheerleader card. the sparklies on the pompoms really catches the eye.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Graphics category today [03 May 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Linda L said...

Wow, Thanks so much Holly. It looks great!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

thanks Holly for makin the video....hope to see more...you are great with these copics...cant wait to come play!

Marlene said...

So glad to hear your pup is back to her old self! Your card is gorgeous....love thos pom poms (pom pons or however one chooses to spell it). I have to check out the video next!

Maria Matter said...

darling little cheerleader!!

FABULOUS video!!!! I hope to be coloring balloons soon! :)

HUGS!