Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Birthday Flowers

Hi everyone, and happy hump day! I can't believe it's already the middle of the week! Yesterday the vet took a look at Riley and couldn't believe how well she has done. She said that it was a miracle there wasn't tissue damage from the venom. I told her that there were a lot of people praying for her! The only thing she found was an ear infection, so we have some ointment to put in her ears every day for a week, but it's no big deal. I know God loves the animals too, and I thank you all for your prayers. Now I ask you to pray again for my sister Becky. She will be going in to the hospital on Friday for her second bone marrow transplant. The first transplant she had back in December and it didn't take. She was feeling really good and getting lots of good reports from her doctors, so it was a big blow to find out that she had to do this again.

I had another card I was working on that I wanted to get posted today, but I just didn't have time to finish it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it up tomorrow. I do have this card that I did a week or so ago to show you though


(click to enlarge)

It isn't one of my favorite cards. I like the image; think it's darling, but I colored it with Copics and then water colored some twinkling h2o's over the flowers and I didn't like the way they turned out.

By the way, the image is from Squigglefly and it's called May Bouquet. I think it would be a sweet Mother's Day card from a child.

My sentiment is from clearly Stampendous and I punched out two little flowers to accent it. The scalloped layer behind the image is made from a bunch of punched hearts. It's a little different from the usual scalloped circle.

I hope you have a wonderful day today, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Holly, I just used the same technique on a card that I just finished for the challenge at RF on Friday. We even used similar colors. I used pearlescent watercolors and I think I like them better than Twinkling H20s.

I love her pig tails.

craftykitten said...

Lovely card Holly. So glad to hear about Riley's continued improvement. Such a shame about your sister's transplant not taking - fingers crossed for better luck this time!!
Hugs
Dawn x

msfreida said...

So sorry to hear Becky is having to go through this again! She has been through so much already! I will continue my prayers for her, and I pray for strength and comfort for all of you as well. It is so hard seeing someone you love suffer like this. But I have witnessed His miracles and know she is in good hands. ;)

Your card is sooo adorable! I LOVE her expression! What a creative idea to use the punched hearts as you did! I don't know why you are disappointed in how the flowers turned out because I think they look great! The colors are beautiful and the ones you added are the perfect embellishment! Such a sweet card! :)

HUGS~

Catherine said...

Hello dear Holly ! I am so happy Riley is back to normal now ! It is such a relief... I will think of Becky of course in my prayers, it's such a shame having to go through the transplant all over again... I do love your card and I think the colours are fab ! It's such a sweet image... Lots of hugs and smiles from Catherine

Becky said...

I am so glad Riley is doing well. And I do hope you meant the middle of the week not the middle of the month, hehehe, I thought I lost my mind a little when I read that.. The card is adorable, I just love this image and love how you used hearts to circle this. (It is hearts? :)))

Shawna said...

Oh, Holly, sorry to hear about your sister having to go through that again. I will be praying, you know I will. And I will put her on our prayer list at church. Sure good news about that Riley dog, though. !!!! I love your card. So cute!

Marlene said...

That image is just the cutest! Love what you did with her!!

So happy to hear Riley is doing so well.

I will keep your sister in my prayers. I hope the bone marrow transplant "takes" this time around so she can recover quickly.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

darling image and terrific coloring.

Patricia St Martin said...

Goodness Holly, Your year is starting to sound like mind. I glad Riley is getting much better and it that is all she gets is an ear infection she is really lucky. I so sorry to hear about your sister, having that done once is enough but twice has to be really hard. We will be praying for her. I love your card. The little girl is so cute, love her eyes looking up. I do hope your summer starts getting better as I do know mine is....

Linda L said...

Your sister is in my prayers. What a tough blow.
I love your card it is sweet!
Hugs,
Linda

Dawn Frost said...

I love how your card turned out, it looks fabulous! I missed that image at Squigglefly she's adorable. I've never used H2O's, what exactly are they?

Maria Matter said...

adorable card Holly!

so glad Riley is doing so well!

I will pray for Becky, that this transplant takes and all will be good this time!
Take care!
Blessings to you & your family!

Kim said...

Love your card Holly! What a great idea using hearts for the border!

bumblebee creations said...

I love this one!!! I must have missed it in the new SF line-up!! It sure is adorable!!! I think I need to go shopping next week!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh it's darling!!!

definitely will be praying for becky!

hugs :)

Dawn B. said...

Oh I think this is adorable.. It is so sweet..What a cute image. I will be praying for you sister and I am so glad your sweetie is doing better.. Hugs.