Saturday, May 29, 2010

Birthdays and Bears

Hi everyone! Before I say anything else, let me send out a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish to my oldest daughter Ashley who turns 29 today! I love you Ashley and hope your day is special!

I hope all of you are off to a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I had a really nice time with my friend yesterday. We didn't do one bit of stamping or card making! We did go to a Scrapbook Store that has just gotten a new owner, and she has plans to make it bigger and better than the one that was in there before. I bought a few new papers and talked to her a bit about digital stamping. She also gave me a quick lesson on the Cricut. Later we just talked and passed a few tips on to each other. It was fun just catching up and seeing what each of us has been up to.

Well if you missed it, Squigglefly released their new images yesterday afternoon! I hope you are all as excited as I am about the new artwork. Each month I am awed and excited!

I had to print out one of the new shy bear scenes; and my favorite (for now) is the Hammock Daydreams. Although it's the perfect image for Father's Day, I just made it for an everyday friend type or birthday card.



(click to enlarge)

I colored it with Copic markers and chalk. The background paper is some I just bought at the new scrap book store and is from Doodlebugs. I used a nestabilites die for the little hinge thing by the sentiment, and the sentiment is computer generated.

Well, I for one plan to stay out of the heat and spend the day in my craft room. There are challenges and new images calling my name! See you all tomorrow, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Catherine said...

What a sweet card Holly ! Your colouring is fantastic and it is such a sweet image ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Tracey said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!! Have a fabulous card!! I love the image and you have coloured it beautifully! xx

Linda L said...

This is so cute! I love the Copic markers with chalk. Great idea.
Happy Birthday to Ashley!

treesawardincrafts said...

I just love this image, I have a Mexican Hamock that my sister brought back for me when she had her gap year. I only have a balcony, so it doesn't have much of an airing, more is the pitty.

I love the way you have coloured that image, I would put it on the wall if I were to get it. It's a keeper.

Say happy birthday to Ashley for me next time you see her.

Shawna said...

Happy birthday to Ashley and happy day out of the heat to you Holly. Love that hammock bear! Your card is so cute and I love how you used that Spellbinders die with the sentiment. No comment on your coloring ---- it is always fabulous!

Autumn Mist said...

Lovely blog, but I've really come to say thankyou so much for your video on Youtube showing how to make any envelope to fit the card you've made. I'm still quite new to card making and am totally addicted, so I quite often use ideas in magazines. They will quite often suggest an unusual card size that doesn't have an envelope to go with it, and I couldn't give it a go because I didn't have an envelope, so I just want to thank you as now I can make so many more cards without worrying where I will get an envelope from. A big thankyou to you!

Kim said...

beautiful card Holly! I have mine waiting at home on my desk.

Dawn Frost said...

Awesome Shy bear! He looks so adorable laying in his hammock! Beautiful card.

Helen Dooley said...

How adorable! I love those shy bears.
Thanks for the nice comment over at For Fun!

msfreida said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this image! Gosh, I'm gonna need a separate file just for my Shy Bears! :) You did such an AWESOME job with this and that DP is FABULOUS! The trees and hammock look AMAZING! Such an AWESOME card, Holly!

So sorry I missed Ashley's b'day! Please give her a hug and my best wishes!

Hugs~