Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Don't worry, be happy!

Hi everyone! I have a card today that is using today's One A Day in May image called Snappy Dresser. I really loved this image when I saw it and couldn't wait to use it!




(click to enlarge)

I colored this with Copic markers (crab -YR68, YR18, R08, lips -R22, cheeks -R83, Sunglasses - E37, E39, G21, G24, and ground shadow N0) and then I sponged some Creamy Caramel ink on the ground and chalked the sky. I added crystal lacquer to the sunglasses, and see those wonderful pearly discs next to the sentiment? My dear friend Stef aka Glitterbabe sent those to me and I love them! I love Stef too!

The words are computer generated in a font called Girls Are Weird. I think the name of the font is weird! LOL!

I got the sketch from Sketch and Stash but I changed up where the sentiment was supposed to go. I'm still going to enter it in their challenge though, and I'm also going to enter it in Incy Wincy's challenge since it's an anything goes challenge.

Speaking of Incy Wincy, Squigglefly is sponsoring this challenge and their design team has done a fabulous job with the images! You should swing by and take a look - and you should enter the challenge too because the prize is three Squigglefly images!

Yesterday my boss's wife had a knee replacement, and while I was making this card I thought of using the same image to make her a get well card.


(click to enlarge)
Again, the sentiment is computer generated, and this time the font is called Juice!

This afternoon we take Riley to the vet for her re-check. I don't expect there to be any problems or cause for concern. She's done great, and I know it's because all of you were praying for her!

I hope you have a great day, and as always thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! I do love your cards ! I am sure that your boss's wife will have a big smile on her face when she sees hers ! Love the lacquer on the glasses, it's so cool ! Give a big hug for me to Riley ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Wezz said...

Love the texts with the cards! Very witty!

Sue said...

2 fabulous cards,love the image and great sentiments on both of them, thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Shawna said...

There ya go with the puns! Love 'em! Two crabtabulous cards Holly!

Pam in Ar. said...

HaHa..I love how thw lips are off center...very cute card. It reminda me of when my grandson was small (he'll be 14 next month), He used to walk around with his thumb and all of his fingers touching tip to tip while he was walking..clenching first one hand and then the other while his tongue was going in and out of his mouth...kind of hard to convey how it looked but he was acting like a crab LOL

Thanks for making the card Holly :)

Jackie said...

Really, REALLY cute.

KmoRakefet said...

Hi,

Great sentiment :-) funny too.

XOXO

Becky said...

I do not know where you come up with all these snappy sentiments :) :).
love this card and love this image and love the sentiment of the first one, just too cute.

Marlene said...

Love it!!!! Love the crab image - and the sentiment is too funny!

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable.. The glasses look real.. Great job Holly. Hope Riley is feeling better.

Joan said...

Tooooooo cute!!!! Love the glasses.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-Love it! Oh so cute-and those glasses area adorable! Good luck with Riley tonight!

Maria Matter said...

what fun, these are adorable Holly!

SO glad Riley is doing so great!!!
Blessings!

Toni said...

Too Cute! that crab is adorable and you're great with copics!

Linda L said...

I love the sentiment with the image. What a wonderful idea! I love the sunglasses. So cleaver!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

OMG! Holly I got the giggles when I saw these! too cute!

msfreida said...

What FABULOUS sentiments for such a precious image! Oh this one definitely makes me smile! The crystal lacquer is perfect, as well as the DP you chose! What fun cards! :)

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" was my ringtone for years! It really made people smile when they heard it! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

Aww, these are such cute card! I love that crab, he is so cool!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love these! fun & fabulous!

Chris (catt871) said...

These are both REALLY cute!!! I love that little crab!!!! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week (& thanks for sponsoring us!!!!)
Chris

Heather the MooseLover said...

Oh those sunglasses are fabulous! And your coloring is amazing. But I really, really like the sunglasses- I never would have thought of Crystal Lacquer.