Saturday, May 15, 2010

Easy, Breezy Friendship

Good morning, and happy weekend! Today is also happy because it's the day the new images are available at Squigglefly! So many to look at and drool over and tons of inspiration in their idea gallery!

I want to thank you all for your continued prayers for my sister Becky. I talked to her yesterday and she is feeling sick to her stomach a lot and suffering with cold sores, and she's bored to tears there, but her attitude is pretty good. We are planning a reunion of all our families next summer, so that is something for her to look forward to.

Today's card was made for a special friend, and I used one of the new images that Diane Carubia drew called Maisy and Creamy With Flowers.


(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with Copic markers and then chalked the sky. I should have paid more attention to the name of the image because I didn't color the dog a creamy color! I got a little creative and drew in a sidewalk for them to stand on and stamped in some grass and a bush. The grass stamp is from Art Impressions, and for the bush I used one of the stamps from Stampin' Up's watercolor minis set. The sentiment is also from a Stampin' Up set called Simply Said.

The border at the bottom was made with a Martha Stewart punch, and I punched it twice and staggered it. Finished the whole thing off with a pink bow at the top.

We are having a rainy weekend which I love, so I plan on getting a lot of cards made! I hope you have a little creative time too! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a sweet sweet card ! I love the image - love the little boots, how cool ! - and the colours you have chosen are so soft and pretty ! Love the sentiment too, it is so true ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now isn't this just darling!!!! fabulous colors and i love the border!

wow! those new releases are awesome!

keeping becky in my prayers but good to hear she's doing ok.

Becky said...

I love this image and the scene you created, this is just fabulous.. Have fun, it is sunny here today and I am on my way out to enjoy it.:)

msfreida said...

Good mornin'! Yep, we're in for another wet weekend! One thing about it, I think our drought is history! :)

I can't wait to see more of Diane's work because this one is sooo adorable...those boots just get me! Teehee! You did such a fabulous job on your coloring, as always, and check out that fantastic sidewalk! Waaahoo! :) Great DP you paired her with, and the punched border goes so well with it! Such a sweet card, Holly!

So good to hear Becky is keeping such a positive attitude. God love her...I'm not so sure I could, but it's amazing how it affects the treatment. Please let her know she has sooo many praying for her and there's nothing stronger than the power of prayer. Sending lots of love, hugs, and prayers to all of you! ;)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)
Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

How cute! I am on my way over to SF to check out the new images, and drool for a bit! Have a great weekend!

Shalanna said...

I love this image. I had the idea that I'd go over to their site and get it so I could use it with the PSX bicycle stamp and fence that I just got on ebay. But even with a search or "by artist" listing I can't find this image on there. Maybe it's too new to find? Or too old and isn't sold?

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a sweet card. I LOVE the matching shoes! cute!

Maria Matter said...

Adorable, your background is incredible! great job!!!

We've been away all weekend and I'm just getting on the 'puter now, so I haven't even seen all the new SF images yet! I'm off now to drool...

Enjoy the last of your wknd!
Blessings!

Marlene said...

Adorable card and I love that image!