Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Exciting Things!

Hi everyone! I came home from work yesterday and found my July issue of Scrap and Stamp Arts magazine waiting for me. Inside the magazine are THREE whole pages devoted to digital stamping, and projects featuring Squigglefly images adorn all three pages! Talk about being excited! I was over the moon! There are three cards I made and two beautiful scrapbook pages design team member Jennifer Scull created. If you get the magazine, be sure to check the last page for a discount code to be used at Squigglefly!

Now that the magazine is out, I can share my cards. Two of the cards use the same Gossip Girls image. I wanted to do two cards with the same image so people could see it flipped and made smaller. The first one shows the image used with paper piecing on the dresses. The rest is colored with Copic markers and the background is chalked. The designer paper is some digital paper that Rich Davis made and will be available soon at Squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

The second one has the image a bit smaller and flipped. I colored it with Copic markers also. The sky and ground are chalked and then I stamped some grass sprigs on the chalk. The background paper on this one is also some digital papers that Rich Davis made and will be available soon at Squigglefly. The sentiment is called Best Friends and I cut it apart to use the second part on the side of the card.


(click to enlarge)

The last card uses the image Butterfly Cluster and the sentiment Butterfly Moments. This one is digitally colored by my daughter Chesney Young. We wanted to show digital coloring as an option in the magazine article too. I added some stickles to the butterfly and highlighted the word "moments" with a Copic marker.


(click to enlarge)

I'm really excited about the magazine article, but more than that I'm happy to see the hard work that my daughters and all the wonderful artists have put into Squigglefly paying off for them.

Have you been to Squigglefly today and seen the new One A Day image? It's a darling Shy Bear that I can't wait to color up! Be sure to check out the challenge that Kim has going on at the blog too - it's a fun one and you have a chance to win a prize!

Wishing you much happiness in your day, and thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Your cards are really great Holly ! I love those gossip girls, they are really fun ! Congratulations ! I can understand you are excited, it's fab when your work is being published ! Well done Lady ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wooooooooooo hoooooooooo! way to go squigglefly!!!! wow! the road to success! love it!

and holly, these are all gorgeous! i love pastels and each one of these cards are beautiful!

Kristie said...

How awesome for you and Squigglefly! Great cards!! I still need to try and paper piece digi images!

bumblebee creations said...

congrats Holly!! how very exciting!! love your cards-I will def. have to try to find that magazine!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great cards, love how you flipped them - showing off!! Aren't digi files fantastic?

msfreida said...

Isn't this AWESOME? I know your heart is bursting with pride, because I know mine is! It seems like yesterday Squigglefly was born, and look where it is now! First, your girls have done an outstanding job getting their dream off the ground, and now it is soaring because of their commitment, dedication and perseverance. They have worked sooo hard and it now is paying off! They not only used their expertise to get,and keep, it going, but found the greatest artists around to express their dream! Together, they have formed a utopia! And I AM SOOO VERY PROUD of/for each one!

The cards you did represent Squigglefly sooo well! The images are some of my favorites and these designs reflect your many talents: your amazing coloring, your computer smarts, your eye for design, etc! No wonder your girls are sooo talented...it's in the genes!!! You are one blessed family! :)

Congrats to all! :)
Big hugs~

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Congrats Holly & Squigglefly! That's AWESOME to be featured in a mag. Your cards and Chesney's are all gorgeous!

Becky said...

Yahooooooo for you :). I am so happy for you. These are just lovely..

The Brat said...

How wonderful Holly! Congratulations to you, Chesney, Jennifer and Squigglefly.

The cards are wonderful. I'm going to pop over and see Jennifer's pages, hopefully!

Well I am thrilled, but not at all surprised. Your work belongs in a magazine!

Patricia St Martin said...

I'm so happy for you and your girls, this is wonderful. You have been a busy girl love all your cards.

Marlene said...

Congratulations!!! I'd be excited, too!

Linda L said...

Oh My Goodness! Congratulations how wonderful for all of you.

acreativeneed said...

How wonderful Holly!! Love the cards, and congratulations to you!!
smiles,Deena

Terri said...

congratulations! You should be excited it is well deserved! Great job on all the cards. I especially like the butterfly one though!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Blimey I have missed so much... Woo hoo on the magazine article, such fantastic news. Your cards are all beautiful as always, adorable images and you know I just love the sentiments you add.
Hugs Emma x

Karen@CCC said...

Congratulations! Your cards are great. Love the images.
xx

Maria Matter said...

fabulous cards Holly!
beautiful butterflies!!!

Yay Squigglefly!!!

Hugs & blessings!!

Debby said...

Oh my goodness! Who's the rockstar now! Right on. Beautiful beautiful cards. Nicely done. I have to go to b&n now and get my magazine.

Debby said...

Now I wonder if you received any of my comments :(

Dawn B. said...

I am so excited about this. I have always wished that digital was more appreciated in the stamping world.. Way to go Squigglefly and congrats to your daughter.. This is awesome..