Monday, May 24, 2010

Featuring A Fat Cat!

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. It was a hot one here, so we didn't do that much. Riley started squinting one of her eyes on Saturday night and yesterday she was still doing it and it looks all read, so today she is going to the vet to have that checked out. We can't see anything in it, and we've rinsed it out. It's always something with this dog!

Yesterday was the featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers and I played along. If you want to see the card I chose to CASE, you can see it HERE. And here is the card I made


(click to enlarge)

It's a 4 1/4" square card. The image is one by Jackie Mathews called Fatty Cat. I love his long claws! These are the Copic colors I used to color it.



I used some of the realistic cat eye stickers that I love so much and I drew a little fish skeleton on some shrink plastic to make a little charm to tie on to the ribbon knot.

Today is the new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog, and Maria has challenged everyone to make a get well card. I have made a card for that too, but I'm not going to show it to you until tomorrow. I hope you will play along too!

Hope your day is wonderful and not as hot as it is here! Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Chesney said...

You have gotten some serious use out of those eyes, and every time you use them it makes me laugh. I still think of you having to refer to Junie to see which way they go.

Catherine said...

What a cool card Holly ! Love the stickers for the eyes, it's great ! Hope Riley will feel better soone ! Give her a hug from me ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh - that cat is just so funny!!! Those claws crack me up! LOVE them!

Hope Riley is feeling better soon. Poor thing.

msfreida said...

How ADORABLE! Hmmm...I'll have to look for some of those stickers...these eyes are AWESOME! And check out that charm! Only you would think of that! Your coloring is fabulous (as always), and the colors you used really bring out these awesome DPs! Love how you have its tail "out of the box"! Just such a cute, cute card!

Poor Riley! I hope it's just allergies. Give her a hug for me! :)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Holly, you have some seriously good coloring going on here! And I love how you used the paper squares for the background. Poor Riley dog ----- those wire hairs certainly can get into some trouble. Perhaps she has something under the eyelid. Charlie sends hugs to her.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly that is an adorable cat image and you did a fabulous job of coloring! He's just too cute!

Hope Riley's eye twitch is nothing serious.

Huggies,
Betty & Seamus

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

love those eyes! i would have done the nails in shocking pink! but you know me - lol.

ok. i lied. i meant to say 35 NOT 27 - lol.

hugs :)

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!! He is really an orange cat. I love fat cats, both of mine are fat.

DebraK said...

Oh I just LOVE that cat!! And I LOVE the way you used orange and pink together to color him...! Fantastic job! (It is HOT here in FL, too--it's a shame we missed spring!)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! I just love that cat!! Great choice of colors Holly.

Crissy Armstrong said...

I adore this kitty image Holly, and the way you have coloured it is divine! Reminds me of Garfield, so cute! I love your contrast with colour. Superb!!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! That pup of yours does seem to get into a lot of mischief! Love your card Holly!

Maria Matter said...

Love this Holly, fatty cat is fabulous! fun little charm too, great job!
Hugs & Blessings!

Linda L said...

This is really a cute card Holly! I hope Riley is OK she sure has her share of stuff!
I am in Montana on a vacation/graduation. I am having a wonderful time but am missing my card making time.

Becky said...

Gee how did I miss this awesome cat he is adorable, great colors.

Dawn Frost said...

He is adorable, I love how you coloured him! Great eyes!