Monday, May 17, 2010

Feelin' Groovy

Good morning everyone! I didn't really get many cards made yesterday. Brock and I went to the store and picked out some plants to put in the pots and flower boxes on our front porch and we spent the afternoon planting those and watching a thunderstorm roll through. I got some stuff cooked ahead for the week, and caught up on laundry and stuff like that.

I did make one card though and had a lot of fun with it. I put together a couple of images from Squigglefly; the Hippie Queen and the Peace, Love, Groovy sentiment.


(click to enlarge)

It was fun to color the letters in like tie dye! I colored the whole thing with Copic markers. After I was finished coloring it, I thought the white space in the top right needed something, so I punched a circle out of the designer paper and then drew a peace symbol on it and cut it out. I placed it right at the edges so it would appear as if it was still part of the designer paper in the background.

I love the Hippie Queen image! The little detail of the smiley face on her belt is a fun touch! I would have liked to find some designer paper that had a more retro feel to it, but I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby yesterday and didn't find anything like I had in mind. In the end, I just chose some paper that I already had in my stash that had the color red I wanted. I wasn't the only one having a flash back this weekend, because I saw this morning that the theme for the Incy Wincy challenge is Blast From The Past, so my card fits perfectly in to that challenge!

Well, I hope you all have a great Monday, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

msfreida said...

Oh I LOVE THIS! Being a child of the 60'S, this really brings back precious memories! What a fun time to grow up! This image really fits the time too, and how fabulous to have a sentiment to go along with it! Your tie-dye look couldn't be more perfect! Did I ever tell you I had a tie-dye business when we lived in San Fran? Yep, I tie-dyed everything from underwear to beach towels! Still do when someone needs something special! The DP you used is soooCOOL, and the peace sign adds just the perfect touch! FAR OUT, BABY! :)

Well I have graduation gifts to finish so I may need to pull out some of my old favorite tunes from back then! Just not sure how inspiring The Monkeys or Lovin' Spoonful will be this early! Teehee
:)

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a smashing card ! I love it ! The letters look so cool and I love the way you have coloured her boots ! Love it love it love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly your image is gorgeous! And oh how yummy that dp is! You Go Girl!!!

Kim said...

LOVE this!!!! You really captured the 60`s!!!!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Holly i hope you are well hunny. Wow what a fabulous selection of cards since my last visit, im loving them all. Hope you have a lovely evening, hugs Linda x

Becky said...

This is fabulous..Love how you colored the letters.

KellyRae said...

Darling card Holly. I LOVE the patent leather look of the boots, belt, and headband. And the letters are colored in smashing fashion.

Patricia St Martin said...

You posted her on squigglefly. I love what you did with her and the way you colored the words great joy.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Hey lady! Been thinking about you lately, and just popped over to see a birthday card... on my birthday! hee hee. I'm sure it was planned. ;) Are you on Facebook? I searched for you out there, but as it turns out you have a pretty common name.... :) Hope all is well!

Debby said...

i posted a comment but i think it went into cyberspace. I said this wonderful and your letters are uber fabulous and you rawk. or something like that.

Heather "Hev" said...

This is awesome Holly :)


Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Good luck :)

Please come and visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn